Skylark Meats LLC, an American Foods Group Company, has opportunities for 1st shift General Production at our Omaha, NE plant.
As General Production, you will:
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Work in a wet, cold and damp environment doing a variety of tasks such as handling raw meat and packing product in boxes.
- Duties will vary depending on position placed in and production requirements.
- May require the use of the tools/equipment (i.e. knife and/or hook).
- Perform physical tasks which require upper body strength and constant repetitive movements.
- Stand on hard surfaces the entire shift; use of stairs and personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in all areas of the facility.
- Compliance with all food safety policies and regulations.
- Adhere to all safety and housekeeping processes and procedures to ensure safety for our employees, customers, and visitors.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Work and collaborate with a diverse work population.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Must be able to work in a variety of work temperatures warm, hot, humid, cold, wet or with slippery surfaces at varied heights in and around moving equipment and parts with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to perform the job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work extended scheduled hours Monday through Saturday with daily overtime. Must be able to work overtime as required. Start times and hours vary based on production needs.
- Must be able to successfully complete training:
- Safe Quality Food (SQF).
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Food defense.
American Foods Group, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
- Prior work experience in a USDA inspected beef, pork, or poultry facility.
- Prior production experience.
- Work history in the last 12 months.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Learn more: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement . Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Human Resources at the location(s) where you are applying. American Foods Group, LLC will not discriminate against applicants who inquire about, disclose or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Learn more: Pay Transparency . American Foods Group, LLC participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more: E-Verify Summary Skylark Meats, LLC
an American Foods Group company is a privately held meat processing company, with locations across the Midwest. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. What we offer:
Check Out the Omaha, NE Area!
- Competitive total compensation package for you and your family.
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Recognition Programs, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
From exploring underground caves at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium to the NCAA College World Series, college baseball's biggest event, Omaha is filled with many distinct things to do. Step into history and out of your comfort zone with culture that captures both. Walk above water and below ground to explore nature in a whole new way. Shop unique boutiques and dine in distinctive places you won't find anywhere else.
The area also offers:
- Public art displays that spread throughout the city to contemporary art centers, award-winning museums, local galleries and hands-on interactive art houses, Omaha's creative spirit is contagious.
- A city filled with history, culture and adventure. Walk across a swinging rope bridge suspended over a tropical rainforest at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. Hop aboard historic train cars at The Durham Museum. Climb in, on, and through everything imaginable at the Omaha Children's Museum. Step into the pioneer life at the Mormon Trail Center.
- Explore more than 100 acres of botanical beauty at Lauritzen Gardens and marvel at exquisite works of art inside the Joslyn Art Museum.
- Boys Town is a national treasure featuring an expansive campus, historic chapel and museum.
- El Museo Latino is the first Latino art and history museum in the Midwest and Love's Jazz and Art Center captures the heritage of jazz in an area where Duke Ellington, Count Basie and others once played.
This job has expired.