Cobb, Fendley & Associates, Inc is currently accepting applications for our 2024 Summer Internship Program and Full-Time Graduate Engineers.
2024 Summer Internship Position
- Must be enrolled in an accredited Civil or other engineering programs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to learn in a dynamic environment with short deadlines
Full-Time Graduate Engineer Position
- Provide administrative and engineering support to multiple employees within the organization
- Work with AutoCAD, MicroStation, GIS, or other programs
- Training to meet company safety standards
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering Technology (EAC/ABET) required
- Plans to pursue E.I.T. certification required. Proof of passed FE exam preferred.
- Entry Level experience in civil engineering design and plan production in Civil 3D.
- Motivation to work in a dynamic environment with strict deadlines.
- Desire to collaborate with professionals and clients to increase your industry knowledge and grow in your career.
- Commitment to perform responsibilities consistent with industry standards to achieve department and company goals.
- Interest in developing relationships with clients, partners, and local organizations to remain a trusted resource in the community.
- Support CobbFendley Project Managers and Engineers with engineering design tasks for various projects.
- Under direct supervision, performs standard Engineering work requiring application of standard established techniques and procedures to carry out tasks.
- Perform civil engineering design, design calculations, analysis, field visits, plans, and interpret plans from other engineering related disciplines.
- Assist Project Manager in providing project engineering design and task management for assigned projects in a variety of applications ranging from feasibility studies to final as-built maintenance records.
- Prepare civil drawing packages, specifications, bill of materials, and estimates according to the project scope and schedule.
- Work with Project Manager to identify and resolve conflicts. This includes assisting with clients to ensure drawing packages follow Client policies and guidelines, applicable codes, regulations, and rules.
- Process checks or review of work product by Sr. Engineer or Project Manager. These checks are expected to become less frequent as you gain working knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience.
- Utilize multiple software solutions to maximize the effectiveness and efficiencies of our services.
- Become familiar with all services offerings provided by CobbFendley to ensure the ability to look for project opportunities for all services provided by our firm within one (1) year.
- Travel to project sites and other CobbFendley offices, as required, to perform these duties.
- Apply technical expertise and be able to work with a project team on conventional and unconventional projects.
- Perform independent research and delegate changing priorities.
- Adhere to CobbFendley’s safety standards to uphold a safe and efficient environment.
- Maintain a professional attitude and fulfill responsibilities with integrity.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Mobility within the office including movement between floors and workstations.
- Repeated motions (e.g., typing, reaching, bending, lifting, and carrying).
- Communication with other employees and clients.
Expected hours of work:
- Most work is performed in a professional office environment. Some trips to client offices and job sites for observations will be required.
- Job site observations factors could include: walking and climbing on uneven surfaces, exposure to outdoor environments and extreme weather (heat and freezing temperatures), noise exposure, driving for extended periods of time, exposure to allergens (e.g., pollen, dust, cedar, sumac, poison ivy), exposure to construction and traffic work zones, possible hand and power tool use, and extended periods of Personal Protective Equipment use.
- Extended use of electronic devices (e.g., computers, printers, copiers, scanners, plotters, and telephones).
- Use of cutting tools and equipment (e.g., plotting equipment, rotary paper cutter).
- Summer Internship:This is a temporary, summer position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:30 pm during a designated time period.
- Graduate Engineer: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work areMonday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM local time.
If and when the duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At CobbFendley, we are an equal opportunity employer, interested in qualified candidates with the requisite employment authorization eligibility to work in the United States. All candidates are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- EEO is the Law (English)
- EEO is the Law (Spanish)
- EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement
This job has expired.
Pre-Employment Screenings.All offers of employment at CobbFendley are contingent upon the prospective employee passing a drug screening, physical exam (if applicable), and various background verifications (including but not limited to 10-year history of the county, state, federal, and a 5-year history of motor vehicle records).
Work Authorization + Sponsorship.Cobb, Fendley & Associates, Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). The E-Verify system uses federal databases to rapidly validate individual identities and work eligibility from the information gathered in the Form I-9. CobbFendley will not sponsor applications of work visas. We understand that this could affect your decision to apply with these conditions in mind.
External Recruiting Agencies.CobbFendley does not and will not accept unsolicited resumes under any circumstances from independent recruiters, recruiting agencies, or similar entities. Recruiting activity on behalf of a candidate does NOT constitute CobbFendley's acceptance of terms and conditions without prior contractual agreements signed by authorized CobbFendley personnel. Unsolicited resumes through any channels including cold calling, emails, applications, social media messaging, etc., will not be reviewed.