SUMMARY: This position is responsible for operating rolling stock, and general building equipment maintenance inclusive of snow removal in the winter, and acting as back-up to the waste water treatment, and Sanitation Tech (sweeping) positions as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- General repair and maintenance of building, forklifts, pallet jacks, company vehicles, and all other equipment or buildings owned by the company
- Maintain company grounds inclusive of snow/ice removal, lawn work
- Maintenance and safe operation of all company rolling stock;
- Repair and replacement of facility light bulbs may be required
- Repair of facility plumbing needs as required
- Back-up Waste Water Treatment Plant operator
- Back up Sanitation Operator sweeping designated areas
- Trash removal from the facility
- Maintain the cleanliness of the truck sheds, loafing shed, and maintenance shop
- Maintain the bone yard for cleanliness
- Assist with roof repairs and clean-up
- All other essential duties as directed by the shift maintenance supervisors/lead
- Ability to carry out essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, within safety guidelines
- Ability to operate all rolling stock efficiently, within safety guidelines
- Ability to efficiently use hand tools and trades type tools, to provide maintenance of facility as required
- Some mechanical background required
- Some knowledge of vehicle maintenance including preventative and scheduled maintenance.
- Basic plumbing skills
- General knowledge of light fixtures
- Valid driver's license
- Be able to obtain an operator's license for forklift, skid loader, and pallets jack
- Willingness to work overtime and be called into work for emergency situations as required
Physical Requirements / Environment:
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
- Stand/Walk: Continuously (at least 8 hours a day)
- Occasionally (1-3 hours a day); bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb, reach above shoulder, crouch, kneel, push/pull
- Lift/Carry: Frequently (1-10 lbs), Occasionally (up to 35-50 lbs.) Rarely (over 50 lbs. with assistance)
- Continuously working around moving machinery, both inside and out with changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust and fumes, occasionally working on a ladder at unprotected heights, around and amongst dead birds and a strong chicken odor
2ND SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.
This job has expired.