SUMMARY: This position is responsible for set up, adjustments, perform preventative maintenance on and troubleshoot assigned equipment. The Mechanic will perform routine audits on assigned equipment and is responsible for its performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Perform preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, report findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action
- Troubleshoot all malfunctions and repairs as required.
- Test out all assigned equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime to verify pre-operational status and audit performance
- Communicate through appropriate departmental channels reoccurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken as well as quality problems
- Communicate supplies/parts requirements or needs through appropriate departmental channels
- Work with all Maintenance team members on rebuilds, installs and general projects throughout the facility
- Perform essential duties within guidelines of company GMP's, HAACP, PSM Program, Company Policies and Safety Programs
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, reports or departmental forms
- Other duties as required
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools
- Strong mechanical background required
- Able to identify industry standard parts
- Some electrical experience preferred
- Able to work independently or as a team in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be capable of adhering to all safety regulations for position
- Ability to be on your feet throughout the entire shift, standing for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 40-50 lbs routinely and up to 75 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to work using a full range of motion; working at shoulder height or above or from a low or laying position for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform maintenance functions indoors in warm, humid, environments and outdoors in all kinds of weather as work orders require
- Ability to work around blood at times in an area that has a live chicken odor
- Willingness to work overtime
Physical Requirements / Environment:
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
- Stand/Walking: Continuously (8 or more hours)
- Grasp: Continuously (picking up product to cut)
- Pull/Push: Occasionally (5-8 lbs of product toward work area)
- Lift/Carry: Continuously (2-12 ounces) frequently (up to 20-40 lbs.)
- Other Physical Requirements: Bend/Stoop occasionally
- Physical Environment: Continuously - Working around moving machinery, working in a cold environment (28-34 degreesF).
2ND SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.