Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
021435 3rd Shift General Laborer (Open)
Full-time, hourly, non-union. Each shift normally works Monday - Friday, 8 hours per day, with some overtime as needed.
The General Laborer, under supervision of the Shift Leader, is responsible for washing dirty totes and organizing clean totes. This is a hands-on position that requires the ability to work quickly.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Follows all safety rules and regulations. Attends daily Safety Meetings. Actively participates in Safety meetings/training.
- Reports to work on time, as scheduled. Able to work overtime when needed.
- Previous forklift experience preferred.
- Physically able to lift up to 55 lbs. as needed.
- Able to work in a labor-intensive position. Lifting, standing, bending, twisting and stooping for up to 12 hours per day.
- Physically able to work in a wet environment for up to 12 hours per day.
- Records daily production data and reports downtime issues.
- Wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the task.
- Maintain a SAFE work environment using good housekeeping practices. Keeping work area free from clutter, trip hazards, etc.
- Safely operate a forklift to transport dirty totes from warehouse to tote wash area.
- Safely operate a pressure washer to clean both inside and outside of dirty totes.
- Safely operate a forklift to transport totes to appropriate area of warehouse after cleaning.
- Visually inspect totes for damage and transport to appropriate location in warehouse if no longer usable.
- Will train as back up to tote filling position.
- Will train to load/unload material from tankers and dry vans trailers.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Shift Leader.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.