Job ID: 395582
Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and CRH.
Operate various equipment safely and efficiently.
Roles and Responsibilities
(Essential Duties and Functions)
- Inspect machine and fill out pre-shift inspection form daily.
- Perform assigned tasks safely and proficiently.
- Maintain equipment properly (fuel, grease, etc.) as required.
- Push stone to the tunnel feeders safely and efficiently, as deemed necessary by management.
- Efficiently load all haul trucks with various products as needed.
- Feed primary crusher with shot rock when necessary.
- Pull material stockpiles with front-end loader when required.
- May be called upon at discretion of the Foreman to perform any other duties assigned that may include operation of loader, excavator, dozer, grader, secondary breaker or other auxiliary equipment and/or to assist other departments if necessary.
- Perform maintenance mechanic duties in all plant areas as instructed by management.
- Perform housekeeping duties in all plant areas as instructed by management.
- Demonstrate ability to learn for training classes given.
- Must be able to load customer trucks safely and efficiently.
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all duties safely.
- High school or equivalent
- Successful completion of MSHA/OSHA Training
- Task training on an as needed basis
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of specific equipment to be operated.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to service the assigned equipment to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fine motor
- Climb (ladder or stairs)
- Repetitive motion
This position requires an employee to lift:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
What CRH Offers You
- Moving equipment
- Works with others
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
New Jersey Job Segment:
Architecture, Machinist, Front End, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.