Hours: 6:00 am - 6:30 pm, Friday/Saturday/Sunday
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for set up, adjustments, troubleshooting, and performing preventative maintenance on assigned equipment in designated areas. Perform routine audits on equipment and is responsible for its operation. (Designated areas are defined as CAS, Picking Room, EV, Offal, Sorting, Utility Grounds, Water Plant, Waste Water, and entry level Motive Power).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and inspection on assigned equipment, report findings to supervisor and take appropriate action
- Assist in troubleshooting all malfunctions and repairs as required.
- Assist testing all assigned equipment after repairs, changeovers, or extended downtime to verify pre-operational status, and audit performance
- Communicate, through appropriate departmental channels, equipment malfunctions, and corrective action taken, as well as quality problems
- Communicate supplies/parts requirements or needs through appropriate departmental channels
- Assist in working with all Maintenance team members on rebuilds, installs, and general projects throughout the facility
- Perform essential duties within guidelines of company GMP's, HAACP, PSM Program, Company Policies and Safety Programs (LOTO)
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, reports, and departmental forms
- Other duties as required
- Ability to use hand tools and trade type tools
- Strong mechanical background required
- Able to identify industry standard parts
- Able to work independently or as a team in a safe and efficient manner
- Knowledge of safety regulations for position (LOTO)
- Must meet all Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Some electrical experience preferred
- Willingness to work overtime
- Maintenance Management assessment, and referral required
- Maintenance Manager approval required
Physical Requirements / Environment:
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
- Stand/Walk: Continuously (at least 8 hours a day)
- Occasionally (1-3 hours a day); bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb, reach above shoulder, crouch, kneel, push/pull
- Lift/Carry: Frequently (1-10 lbs), Occasionally (up to 35-50 lbs.), Rarely (over 50 lbs. with assistance)
- Continuously working around moving machinery, both inside and out with changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust and fumes, occasionally working on a ladder at unprotected heights, around and amongst dead birds and a strong chicken odor
D Shift (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.