About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally diverse institution providing quality education and research in aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South America.
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security, and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle is now hiring an Academic Evaluator for the Daytona Beach campus. This position works with students in evaluating progress toward degree in all stages of the student cycle, from admission to graduation. The Academic Evaluator educates students on academic programs, policies and procedures; updates the student record in response to changes or additions; and performs a complete evaluation of each student's total academic record to ensure that all degree requirements are being met in accordance with university policies and standards. This position also creates online audits (academic advising reports), assists in preparations for commencement ceremonies, and coordinates with other departments in preparing graduates for participation.
- Supports the admissions process to facilitate accurate evaluations for the award of credit to accepted students. Posts all credit and enters the ERAU course equivalency determinations in Campus Solutions for the student's degree audit.
- Prepares evaluations throughout the academic career from admission to graduation to ensure that all degree requirements will be met for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Updates individual academic advising reports (AAR) in response to changes in program or catalog, advanced standing/placement, course equivalency exams, course substitutions, and flight certificates.
- Educates incoming, continuing, and suspended students on degree programs, academic rules and regulations, policies and procedures, and the interpretation of the catalog as well as the AAR.
- Evaluates off-campus petitions and requests for preapproved courses to ensure equivalency and transferability of credit.
- Enters data into the student information system for identification of prospective graduates, production of graduation reports, production of diplomas, and posting of degrees.
- Processes final grades for graduating students. Recalculates GPAs for graduation honors, ABET accreditation requirements, and degree completion eligibility. Audits transcripts for accuracy of final GPAs and degree notations.
- Produces degree verification letters for military, government, and employment purposes.
- Assists with other office duties such as registration, orientation, and commencement.
- Bachelor's degree in education, counseling, organizational management, communication, or related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Initiative and excellent organizational skills; ability to work within a team or independently; ability to organize and prioritize work to be done.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and experience with e-mail/internet, Microsoft applications and imaging systems.
- General knowledge of accepted practices at other institutions; detailed knowledge of ERAU academic policies, procedures, standards and curricula.
- Familiarity with non-traditional educational sources of college level advanced standing credit, such as the military guide from the American Council on Education and national exams such as CLEP and DANTES.
- Experience in advising or student interaction; ability to troubleshoot student issues.
- Familiar with the basic operations of the Office of Records and Registration and best practices in the industry.
- May be required to work weekend/evening hours or during peak periods.
- Experience working with various software solutions and/or with implementation of software solutions desired.
- Previous experience with SIS Campus Solutions desired.
- To be considered, please include a resume and contact information for 3 professional references.