Drive Profitable Business Results
- Analyze the needs of the territory and formulate a strategy to create a Dealer and Rental network to maximize representation of the Pettibone brand and products.
- Prioritize sales prospects in regard to volume, profitability and time to convert or establish business.
- Develop sales plans that detail strategy, tactics, required support and timetable for attainment of sales objectives to include revenue targets.
- Advise on Pettibone Traverse Lift products' performance advantages and/or competitive technical innovations or shortcomings.
- Provide competitor information as it becomes known and make practical recommendations for increasing market share in the assigned territory.
- Communicate territory issues to include competitive activity, pricing, and follow up on lost sales.
- Develop effective customer programs and negotiate key commercial terms with the customers and Dealers.
- Develop plans by customer with Dealers to gain enterprise alignment to drive profitable sales.
- Support the service department by responding to all field service requests in region.
- Develop deep working relationships with Pettibone Traverse Lift customers.
- Market all Pettibone Traverse Lift products to all Dealers (within scope) and customers.
- Set and manage expectations that Dealers will represent all available Pettibone Traverse Lift products.
- Work with Dealers to determine the appropriate stocking levels of recommended spare parts list (RSPL); set expectations for appropriate spare parts inventory to service machine inventory and territory population.
- During each Dealer visit and during periodic conversations, review and verify parts inventory and stocking levels.
- Develop and demonstrate proficient knowledge regarding machine features, benefits, operations, warranty and general machine operation of each Pettibone Traverse Lift model to answer customer inquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Product knowledge will be gained through company product training, machine walk around training, study of specification sheets and working through issues with customers on a day-to-day basis.
Provide product training to customers and assist Dealer training of customers on new products or changes, basic machine operations, cab/system operations and walk around training.
- Take physical inventory of all machines (sale and rental fleet) in Dealer inventory on a quarterly basis.
- Provide inventory reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing within five days of quarter end.
- Check Dealer stock of specification sheets to ensure all specification sheets are current editions.
- Assist Dealer in maintaining and ordering stock of specification sheets. Discuss with Dealer the need for trade show items such as banners and flags.
- Review Pettibone Traverse Lift Co-op funds program and usage with Dealers.
Experience and Education:
Experience: Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Dealer management and account management (Rental companies and direct customers), with demonstrated sales acumen and sales results.
Education: B.A. or B.S. Degree; MBA preferred.
Communication: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal communication.
Technology: Strong working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and CRM/ERP software.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Knowledge of material handling equipment and applications, and construction industry.
- Strong mechanical skills and hydraulic system skills.
- Position requires that incumbent reside in or very near assigned territory of Central/Western U.S.
- Relocation not required.
Supervisory Responsibility - This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work - This is a full-time position. Work hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM or as the job requires.
Travel - This position requires frequent overnight and/or extended travel within North America.
Work Environment - The position operates in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, iPads, phones, copiers and filing cabinets. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and moving mechanical parts.
Primary Location- This position will be responsible for the Western United States and must reside within that territory.
Physical Requirements - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This job has expired.