Imagine waking up every morning with the chance to change someone's life. Imagine knowing your efforts will benefit both your career and our neighbors around the world. At CWS, our team knows they are making a difference every day. Whether you're in our U.S.-based offices supporting refugees, asylees or unaccompanied children ... implementing hygiene initiatives in Cambodia or rebuilding projects in Central America ... or even connecting remotely from your home on fundraising campaigns, grant reports, or critical communications - you have the opportunity to work towards a world where everyone has food, a voice and a safe place to call home.
This position will process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements and journal vouchers, review and code financial information, compile, and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
Prepare and enters financial information on accounts payable int our accounting system to produce payment remittances for local office(s).
- Reconcile employee travel reimbursement.
- Prepare and complete a bi-weekly check run and additional check runs as needed by programs.
- Record all receipts of income into the accounting system.
- Prepare documentation for non-travel credit cards monthly.
- Complete all department scanning and shredding monthly.
- Reconcile office program food and expense vouchers.
- Prepare and maintain weekly check requests for administrative expenses and submit to CWS Finance Office for processing, i.e. Green Sheets.
- Maintain and keep current data files of all vendor payments submitted to CWS Finance Office for payment in electronic format on a weekly basis.
- Communicate with vendors as needed.
- Enter petty cash, bus passes and food vouchers into accounting system at the end of every month in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for making bank deposits.
- Responsible for ordering of office supplies.
- Maintain inventory, including purchasing, ordering, and distributing of food vouchers.
- Maintain tracking system of accounts receivable.
- Daily collect Fee for Service revenue.
- Compile data for affiliate offices A-133 audit (annually).
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
College graduate with a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience with fund accounting in a non-profit environment.Experience:
A minimum of 2 years similar work experience in a non-profit fund accounting setting, with a strong working knowledge of accounting and finance. Ability to detect errors, pay close attention to detail, determine work priorities, communicate effectively, follow, apply, interpret instructions and guidelines. Other Skills:
Strong computer skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Detailed oriented. Benefits
CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Sick Time Off (accrued monthly;12 days total)
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
This job has expired.