Position Type: Adjunct Faculty Pool- Nursing
Salary: $900 per load hour (most courses are 3-4 load hours)
Job List: External
Close Date: Multiple positions available- open until filled
About Pima Community College
At Pima Community College, we believe that every role is vital to achieve student success and meet the diverse needs of our students and community. Pima Community College is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice. We value the diversity of our workforce and seek to attract, hire, and support employees who consistently and actively embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are intentional about social justice and addressing issues of equity and inclusion, as well as institutional, structural, and environmental inequity, power, and privilege. See our Diversity website for additional information about our commitment.
Pima Community College's Division of Health Professions is currently accepting applications to expand the pool of qualified Nursing adjunct faculty to teach academic level courses for the 2022 - 23 academic year and beyond. Candidates may be hired and assigned to specific courses or may be included in a pool for potential future assignments based on enrollment.
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. Instructors in these courses will be using active learning strategies, online resources, and will provide equitable instruction for our students.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Instruct students in the content area and work with them on strategies to help them achieve academic success.
• Follow established protocols for presence, responsiveness, grading, attendance taking, and assessment of student learning.
• Use current, effective classroom management techniques.
• Monitor and continuously improve instruction to ensure Student Learning Outcomes are met in a classroom, discipline/program, and College level.
• Evaluate student performance.
• Continually improve instruction utilizing appropriate delivery methods.
• Maintain competency and currency in the teaching field(s), as well as in teaching strategies, subject delivery modalities, and assessment methods.
• Work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students and utilize a collegial style in all forms of communication.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge, skills, and abilities related to:
• Experience teaching Nursing courses
• Experience teaching online courses and/or alternative instructional formats
• Experience using a Learning Management System, preferably D2L Brightspace
• Student learning styles: ability to adapt and modify instruction based on the instructional needs of students, including working with accommodations and accessibility
• Evaluation of students' educational progress: ability to maintain high instruction and learning standards and assess students' academic progress in meeting course objectives and student learning outcomes
• Competencies in diversity and inclusion: knowledge of diverse community college student populations, and the ability to address diversity in effective instructional practice and student learning
Minimum qualifications requirements for faculty positions are governed by our faculty qualification standards. This position is in an Academic discipline and requires the following to obtain Pima Community College teaching certification:
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and recent direct patient care experience of three years or more OR a Master's Degree in Nursing and recent direct patient care experience of two years or more AND
• Current, unencumbered Arizona or compact state RN license.
• Provide current CPR Healthcare Provider certification card through the American Heart Association.
• Demonstrated experience with instruction of students in a higher learning environment, pre-licensure nursing program (i.e. clinical, skills, classroom, or simulation).
Other requirements include:
• Submit clinical eligibility items including, but not limited to, a variety of immunizations and a health physical.
Adjunct faculty on contract qualify for a tuition and fee waiver for PCC courses taken, as well as their spouse and qualifying child(ren). If a course contract is offered, benefits such as sick leave will be provided as required by law. No other College-provided benefits will be offered, such as holiday pay, annual leave, etc.
Temporary employees who work twenty (20) or more hours per week for more than nineteen (19) weeks in a fiscal year are required to participate in one of the following retirement plans: Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) or the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP).
Directions for Applying and Other Important Information
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must include the documents that are listed within the application form as required. Follow the directions in the application form to upload your documents. At a minimum, these documents are required:
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!