At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
The Administrative Assistant will execute a variety of administrative functions in a fast-paced office, supporting multiple staff-level and executive leaders in the manufacturing industry. Will work cross-functionally to create and utilize processes and systems to ensure the safe, efficient, and accurate operation of the office environment. Provide administrative and office support, including the following:
- Assist with start-up efforts at the facility; including assisting in team selection & on-boarding activities.
- Prepare and modify documents including reports, drafts, memos and emails; Pro-actively provide information to a variety of audiences by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person; Enter and analyze data; Respond to requests for information.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including mail, packages, faxes and email. Prepare and send correspondence.
- Make travel arrangements for employees and company visitors, including accommodation and entertainment arrangements as needed; Assist with expense report preparation and submission.
- Manage and track ProCard expenses
- Setup and coordinate a variety of meetings and conferences. Includes meeting organization, planning, catering arrangements, and agenda preparation.
- Update, organize, and maintain paper and electronic files to optimize data storage and retrieval; Process paperwork.
- Serve as local administrator for SharePoint site and other computer systems.
- Schedule appointments; Manage and maintain plant manager's calendar.
- Answer, screen, and transfer inbound phone calls; Provide information and direction to callers.
- Conduct research, including internet research; compile data, and prepare papers, reports, and presentations for consideration and presentation by executives and managers.
- Train others on various systems
- Coordinate repair and maintenance of office equipment; Manage various service suppliers.
- Support staff in assigned project-based work; Work on multiple projects.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors; Screen visitors before allowing access to the facility; Ensure visitors are oriented to location safety and environmental rules; Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, & filing.
- Research, price, & purchase office supplies and furniture. Store & maintain office supply inventories.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, company credit cards and office keys.
- Assist with planning new employee coordination meetings, compile materials and maintain employee database records. Provide office orientation for new employees.
- Cross-train; Continuously learn and develop skills; Keep up-to-date technically; Apply new knowledge.
- Work collaboratively; Lead and participate in cross-functional teams.
- Run errands as needed.
- Meet with individuals, special interest groups & others on behalf of Plant Mgr., committees & managers.
- Set up and oversee administrative policies and procedures. Interpret administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees. Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
- Communicate with people outside the organization; Represent the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Minimum 2 years office administrative experience supporting multiple managers
- Experience supporting managers in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Able to operate standard office equipment. Knowledge of telephone protocol as well as the principles and practices of basic office management
- Professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and practices.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects on the company's dealing and working.
- Strong technical skills (Microsoft Office Suite) including the ability to create advanced Power Point presentations, manage and manipulate all of the functions within Excel spreadsheets, manage Outlook with ease, and create and design documents in Word. Experience in database management a plus.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Adept at developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work as a team and as an individual.
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal)
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as, computers, copiers, calculators, printers
- Reliable, organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good time management skills
- Planning and organizing skills; Ability to prioritize
- Problem assessment and problem solving skills
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.