Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50.000 staff.
The Administrative Assistant facilitates the operation of the administrative staff by performing a variety of clerical duties including answering the telephone, mail distribution, operating and maintaining all office equipment and producing reports. Performs clerical duties for laboratory management and all laboratory employees as needed to support operational processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
- Operates a multi-line telephone system. Screens and routes incoming telephone calls to the appropriate department or employee to ensure clients and vendors are responded to in an expedient and professional manner.
- Greets clients, vendors and visitors to the laboratory at the front desk and follows appropriate sign-in procedures to maintain a professional business environment.
- Operates standard office equipment such as computers, faxes, scanners, multi-line telephone systems and copiers to ensure that communications are handled efficiently and professionally.
- Inventories and orders office supplies so that appropriate supply levels are on hand to perform necessary job duties.
- Produces a variety of reports and correspondence for laboratory management for use in production planning and reporting purposes.
- Distributes mail, faxes and various business correspondence to the appropriate department or employee so that it may be processed in a timely manner daily.
- Codes invoices and obtains purchase order numbers for weekly processing by accounts payable.
- Maintains petty cash and distributes funds as needed for the purchase of items for the laboratory.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for laboratory management as needed for business meetings.
- Schedules appointments and meetings for laboratory management so they may be apprised of their upcoming schedule.
- Audits expense reports for laboratory management to ensure reports contain accurate information.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.Education/Experience (BMQ):Education:
High school diploma or equivalent; course work in business or computers preferredExperience:
Associates degree in accounting; Two years accounts receivable and customer service experience may be considered for equivalent to degree.Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office programs
- Use of basic office equipment
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic office skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with the public
- Ability to prioritize workload and manager interruptions
- Work independently with minimal supervision
We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.