Job TitleAdministrative Associate IVAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentEducational LeadershipProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the "My Experience" page has a section provided "Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)" to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Administrative Associate IV, under general supervision, provides departmental administrative support for faculty and program initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs word processing, desktop publishing, presentation, and data management activities, and assists staff with the use of these applications. Composes correspondence, reports, publications, and presentations, including editing and proofreading.
- Greets visitors, answers and screens calls, provides information and referrals, and schedules appointments. Receives, sorts, and routes mail and performs other mail services.
- Applies, interprets, and communicates policies and procedures and serves as a resource for answering questions regarding policies.
- Posts information to agency records and modifies forms or records. Verifies, processes, and reviews forms, reports, and other documents.
- Makes arrangements for meetings, appointments, conferences, and travel.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment. Maintains office reference materials including online office materials. May deliver, pick up, or receive cash payments, documents, supplies, equipment, or materials.
- Serve as a liaison for departmental equipment and service contracts. May participate in the hiring training, and supervision of student workers and other support staff.
- Coordinates departmental conferences and seminars with the Department Head and/or Program Coordinators
- Assists with student registration and registration clearances
- Prepares, collects, and disseminates reports related to institutional compliance
- Coordinate office records retention and maintains office references and resource materials
- Coordinates textbooks, syllabi, and vita in accordance with institutional policies and guidelines
Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Four (4) years of experience in an office setting. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
Physical Requirements: None
Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Graduate Degree in any discipline is preferred. Prior experience in higher education. Knowledge of FAMIS, Concur and Texas A&M University-Commerce, policies and procedures.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Student workers and graduate assistants.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.