Who You'll Work With
Our Agile Enablement Practice helps organizations of all kinds redefine what's possible, give shape to the future-and get there. We focus on high-impact projects, meeting our clients where they are to uncover business needs and deliver results. Our teams go beyond the expected to help clients move positively through ambiguity and risk and drive more transformative outcomes.
Slalom is seeking an experienced Agile Coach to join our Seattle office. This role will help scale and deliver our Agile Enablement capabilities across our clients in the Seattle region. Slalom's Agile Coaches work across all industries and disciplines, applying knowledge, skills and techniques to support our clients in the adoption and improvement of agile practices and mindsets. Qualified candidates should demonstrate guidance, accountability, flexibility and the ability to build rapport with clients, team members, managers, and senior executives.
What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
- Help client organizations realize the benefits of agility by providing team-level agile coaching
- Design, advise, and promote strategic agile direction and transformations in partnership with organizational managers
- Facilitate agile training sessions (slideware and / or experiential learning) on agile principles, mindset, and common ways to put them into practice.
- Provide agile coaching to impacted executive, business, and technology functions
- Establish and implement metrics to measure business agility in terms of flow, product quality, and customer value
- Assess and communicate enterprise-wide agile adoption progress against coaching, improvement, and change roadmaps
- Provide education, guidance, and recommendations to teams, product owners, scrum masters, architects, and management in the following areas, including, but not limited to, Scrum events, estimation, prioritization, backlog creation and refinement, test-oriented development, DevOps practices, and release planning
- Proactively manage issues and mitigate risks
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate and address concerns
- Mentor clients, work on projects alone, participate as a team member, or direct teams of less experienced consultants and/or clients to successful project delivery
- Provide guidance through hands on collaborative exercises/activities
- Build client knowledge and credibility quickly
- 7+ years of experience in Agile as an Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Agile Project, Product or Program manager
- Experience with multiple clients and/or industries
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization from the team to C-suite
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments
- Expert knowledge of the business implications of an Agile transformation
- Expert knowledge in multiple software delivery practices: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP and Lean
- Experience directing all Agile ceremonies including: program increment planning, sprint planning, demo, retrospective, and stand-up meetings
- Familiarity with a variety of ALM tools (e.g. JIRA, VersionOne, etc.)
- Able to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issue
- Experience of mentoring cross-functional teams and influencing without authority
- Experience of leveraging lean change management techniques to optimize delivery
- Ability to assess and communicate progress against coaching, improvement, and change roadmaps
- High emphasis on self-motivated continuing learning, knowledgeable of new practices and coaching techniques
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels
- Certification in team agile practices (e.g., CSM, CPF, SAFe®, etc.) or 2 years of equivalent work experience
- CSP and SPC4 certifications preferred
Slalom is a global consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 41 markets around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 12,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This job has expired.