Mercer is the industry leader in helping make a difference in the moments that matter. We are searching for an Agile Pod Lead, who can be based in Louisville, KY or work remotely.
Agile Pod Lead
What can you expect?
What's in it for you?
- A fast paced custom software build projects using agile to deliver value to our business customers
- A solid cloud-first (AWS) containerized technology stack
- A strong team of colleagues to help you succeed
We will count on you to:
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture
- Excellent growth/advancement opportunity
- Workwith collaborative,intelligent, solutions-focusedcolleagueswhotruly care about the work, and each other, while maintaining work-life balance
What you need to have:
- Overall, lead the pod planning, execution, best practice adherence, and delivery for one or more Digital Projects
- Makes decisions that leads to project success, and work with Product Owner and Business Analysts to help project team prioritize and groom backlog in order to deliver an Alpha early, then continue to deliver value often throughout the project lifecycle to staging and production environments
- Build the team including resource planning/adjustment throughout the project to meet project and budget needs
- T-shirt size work to be done, create a workable plan for the team, track and log actual time to Jira, and calibrate actual work effort to T-shirt sizing
- Ensure technical feasibility of project and maximize reuse by contributing new components and reusing existing components
- Build and sustain team culture
- Manage relationships with Product Owner and fend off "feature creep" and other project hazards
- Escalation point for entire team and own issues until resolved
- Own the quality of the solution delivered and ensure compliance with security and privacy standards
- Coach and guide team through the delivery process, and stay calm
What makes you stand out:
- Ability working in a fast paced, lean, and entrepreneurial environment - A startup within a larger company
- Quality focused
- Guide the technical team towards the best solutions
- A proven track record of delivering custom software development projects
- MEAN (MongoDB, Nest.JS (or Express), Angular and Node) Stack experience beneficial
- Prior experience working with Microservices
- Reuse-first software build strategy
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This role is not eligible to be performed remotely from Colorado.
This job has expired.