Responsible for the final assembly of the Ameriflex line, ensuring all parts are suitable for the final product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
- To set up and operate all machines within the Cell to produce quality parts. Maintain tolerance, dimensions, concentricity and surface finishes as specified on drawings and/or the sales order. Inspect work frequently according to sound machining practices and established procedures during and upon completion of machining operations to ensure quality parts.
- Operate all Ameriflex Product Line equipment and perform all Ameriflex Product line functions including, but not limited to, Assembly, Balancing, Deburring, Black Oxiding, Magnafluxing, Engine Lathe, EDM, and tip grinding.
- Assisting other co-workers in Ameriflex Product Line when required within this job description.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and maintain safe conduct. Empty all chip pans as needed or at end of shift. Clean and paint machines associated with Ameriflex Product line as needed to maintain 5S requirements. Add lubricants and cutting oils as needed to all machines as required.
- Upon completion of operation, transfer to next operation within Ameriflex Product line using available material handling equipment.
- Responsible for pulling own material from stock/storeroom to ensure proper workflow.
- Make layouts and work from drawings, route sheets, specifications, and make all necessary computations and match markings. Use precision instruments in checking work and record results. Use charts and tables for reference. Take corrective action as necessary and within abilities reporting any deficiencies to supervisor.
- Make set ups to secure a high degree of accuracy and quality workmanship.
- It will be understood that the primary functions of the "C" and "D" classification will be a secondary function of the job classifications of "A" and "B".
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Shop Trade Knowledge/Education with a High School diploma or equivalent
- Drawings/Specs - reading and comprehension of drawings/specifications and/or written instructions.
- Measuring Instrument - correctly reading and recording of Measuring instruments that are required in the job
- Shop Math - the required mathematical abilities to perform the necessary functions of the job
- Knowledge of Theory and Practice - the basic understanding or knowledge of the required theory and practices needed to perform the job.
- Demonstrated Ability - A level of demonstrated ability needed to be able to perform all of the above functions of the job.
Physical demands- standing, bending, reaching for extended periods of time. Lift up to 50 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.