Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience RequirementsEducation
- Lead the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team to deliver results at performance levels agreed upon in service level agreements
- Provide training and work direction to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team members
- Assist with both the internal and external audits of the accounts payable and accounts receivable operations
- Monitor progress of the KPIs related to processing of invoices and outbound payments and the monitoring progress of the KPIs related to outbound invoices and inbound payment to consistently meet or exceed agreed upon service levels
- Monitor the collection, validation and archiving of required tax exemption certificates
- Ensure timely cash payment to supplier accounts, such that discount taking is maximized and late fees are minimized
- Evaluate and establish credit scoring for customers
- Ensure proper cash application to customer accounts
- Interface with purchasing organization to communicate payment terms decisions and ensure timely review of new suppliers
- Resolve payment and invoicing issues with suppliers
- Develop management reporting
- Inform Accounting Services Manager regarding improvements needed in Nordson's globally standardized written policy documentation and support required updates, identify/evaluate, and recommend procedural enhancements
- Back up for employees on vacation, out of the office, and during time of need
- Established new operating metrics as required
- If necessary, takes corrective actions on the daily operational issues
- Plans and schedules personnel to cover service hours of operation, taking into account time-off requests, leave, illness, and holidays
- Ensures safety, neat and tidy workplaces, and compliance with company-regulations
- Analyze data to make informed decisions about the operations of the team
- Identify opportunities to enhance and improve operations within their supervisory organization
- Allocates 20-50% of their time executing tasks expected of their direct reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree in Business Administration with an Accounting focus or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in accounts receivable or accounts payable that includes a basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Understanding of credit reporting agencies (D&B/Equifax)
- Proficient in reading/interpreting financial statements for the purpose of underwriting credit
- Prior experience with UCC filings, Letter of Credit and personal guarantees
- IFS experience a plus
- Must possess integrity, discretion and the ability to appropriately manage confidential, sensitive information, the ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic, growth-oriented business environment and a flexible professional demeanor and self-directed work approach.
- A proven track record of successfully leading teams
- Sound judgment, strong critical thinking skills and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Excellent verbal, written, and virtual communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsOffice environment.
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry a plus
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion and service orientation
- Passionate and high energy which can assist in selling future vision to customers
- Strong detail orientation
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently
- Focused on continuous learning and developing new skills
- Excellent process orientation which focuses on efficiency without losing sight of customer experience
- Savvy with technology which includes use of web-based platforms, case management, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.