A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) invites applications for a non-exempt Education Specialist on the Mesa, Arizona campus. The Education Specialist position primarily provides administrative support for the delivery and management of curriculum, educational programs and activities, student assessment, and institutional effectiveness. This includes administrative support for educational programming under the Associate Deans for Pre-Clinical Education, Academic Assessment, and Innovation & Curriculum, Assistant Dean for Comprehensive Care, and the Directors of Continuing Education and Faculty Development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
A) Curriculum Scheduling Coordination, Faculty and Student Relations
- Coordinate schedules and confirm with responsible faculty module directors; communicate and coordinate with faculty regarding basic module information including student enrollment, instruction dates, room assignments, remote learning (e.g. Zoom links), recording, and assessments.
- Coordinates faculty access to ASDOH learning management system and other education software platforms, and assist with basic utilization of these systems, including posting course materials, student communication, format assessments, and student performance tracking.
- Coordinates student access to ASDOH learning management system and other education software platforms, and assist with basic utilization of these systems to ensure access to module curricular content, materials, assessments, etc.
B) Assessment Administration and Proctoring
- Administer and proctor didactic and preclinical assessments, including make-up and remediation, and proctor class and individual post-assessment viewing sessions as requested by faculty.
- Monitor students during assessment process to ensure academic integrity and exam security; assist faculty as requested in tracking completion and submission of virtual and in-person assessments.
- Problem solve technical issues encountered during the administration of assessments.
- Communicate with responsible faculty and administrators any relevant student concerns and/or issues related to the administration of assessments, including format, design, software platform, technology, etc.
C) Records Management for Student Success Performance and Attendance
Student Attendance: Assist Associate Dean for Pre-Clinical Education and faculty module directors in approval of student absence requests; track student attendance as requested for class participation and assessments
Committee Meetings: Schedule and staff ASDOH committee meetings as assigned, including Student Success, Academic
- Performance (APC), Curriculum, Faculty Development, Continuing Education Advisory, and Institutional Effectiveness & Accreditation committees. Administrative responsibilities may include preparation of agenda, meeting minutes, distribution of reports, and supportive documents.
Student Success Status Reporting: Gather, organize and report student academic status data as directed, including student academic performance data to requested by Student Success and APC committees, documents / letters required by residency applications (e.g: preparation of PASS/MATCH letters of recommendation for Dean / Associate Dean for Academic Assessment); track individualized education plans (IEPs).
D) Institutional Effectiveness & Accreditation (IE&A)
Cohort Academic Performance: Gather and report cohort academic performance data for curriculum management and accreditation.
Surveys and Programmatic Assessments: Coordinate and conduct surveys and generate reports for IE&A as assigned, including end-of-module surveys, student evaluation of faculty, graduate surveys, ADEA Senior surveys, CODA annual surveys, University surveys (e.g. CPAs on TaskStream).
E) Other Administrative Support
- Write accurate, detailed communication, including memorandums, letters and reports.
- Room Scheduling
- Assist students in accessing ATSU shared services including Student Affairs, Financial Aid, Registrar, Enrolled Services, Office of Diversity & Inclusion, Security, etc.
- Administrative support for Continuing Education and Faculty Development
- Perform all other duties/tasks as assigned.
- 2 year college certificate or equivalent in education, business or related
- 3 to 5 years' experience
- Strong administrative background with project management and effective student guidance/interaction experience
- Self-directed, takes initiative, diplomatic, discerning, calm and not prone to panic, motivated, multitasking, professional, humble, detail oriented, being a part of the solution to a problem, tolerant, flexible, sees and understands the big picture
- Must have adequate self-assessment skills and a knowledge of higher education and professional students
- Able to work effectively and without much direction with many administrators, staff, faculty and students
- Proof reading skills
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Canvas
- Ability to deescalate in a conflict or confrontation
- Mature and professional people skills to work effectively with students, faculty and staff
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits
Associates or better in Business Administration or related field.SkillsProblem Solving Ability
IntermediateDiplomacy & Tact
This job has expired.