Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
As the Assistant Director of Finance, you'll direct financial activities of a Kimpton property by performing the following duties personally or through leading an accounting staff.
Some of your responsibilities include:
What You Bring
- Prepare Daily Flash Report and distribute to GM, President, and Corp. Controller.
- Ensure daily deposit of cash receipts and credit card receipts, along with issuing deposit slips for pick-up, prepare Change Fund for Front Desk and cashier banks.
- Complete Income Audit checklist.
- File documents, statements, letters, etc., and prepare responses.
- Review guest requests, copies of folios, billing corrections, etc.
- Process travel agent commission daily.
- Bill to customer daily, process payment checks, make adjustments as necessary.
- Supervise filing system for dead folios/reservations, registration slip and correspondence.
- Issue emergency payment checks if necessary, process credit applications.
- Prepare and distribute P/R analysis and semi-monthly flash report.
- Tabulate multiple invoices and verify with statements.
- Balance A/R aging reports, including trade-out.
- Pay all taxes due.
- Supervise inventory record keeping.
- Calculate and pay rent and management fees where applicable.
- Prepare group insurance eligibility list and calculate and pay premium.
- Prepare G/L for financial reports, bank reconciliations, P/L variance analysis, and key indicators report.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and supporting work sheets for assets and liabilities accounts.
- Do cost efficiency analysis - make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in preparing coming year's operation budget (due in November).
- Assist in preparation of the Capital Improvement Budget and schedules requested by outside auditors, evaluate current year performance and provide constructive suggestions.
- Assist in leading the Accounting Department.
- Assists in the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Studies is required, a Master's degree is a plus.
- 2 years of accounting or finance management experience.
- Well organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up.
- Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or similar accounting package is preferred.
- Prior experience with Outlook soft/BPC preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis in Excel.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here
. Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.