The University of Denver Sturm College of Law (Denver Law) is a top 70 law school with nationally ranked programs in legal writing, clinical training, trial advocacy and tax law. Rooted in innovative experiential learning opportunities, our curriculum is global in its perspective and our faculty are some of the most accomplished legal scholars in the nation.
This position reports to the Director of Registration & Records and works closely with the Director to ensure successful administration in the following areas: graduation, exam preparation, grading, registration, reporting, student petitions and forms, maintenance of student records, and a variety of other duties as assigned. Additionally, the Assistant Director acts as a service representative for students on a variety of academic issues.
- Provides students with graduation evaluations, assists in preparing information for various state bars for two examinations per year, and collects student data for each graduation period.
- Certifies and posts degrees according to University policies and deadlines, and in consultation with the Director, as necessary.
- Oversees the diploma ordering process.
- Maintains up to date degree audits for all programs, in consultation with Director and DU Office of the Registrar.
- Oversees production of the May & December commencement programs and name cards.
- Assists the Director in the administration of all exams for both JD and non-JD students (final and midterm) for Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
- Responsible for working with various departments to maintain a cohesive and successful exam period each semester.
- Ensures quality control before, during, and after each examination period (including in-class and take home exams).
- Assists Director with grade entry upon receipt of final grades from faculty.
- Ensures that final grades meet curve requirements.
- Stays apprised of all grading policies, including non-JD program policies.
Reporting & Data Supervision
- Assists Director in coordinating the registration process for students.
- Registers students for limited enrollment classes, i.e., directed research, internships, clinics, journals and other classes as requested.
- Processes registration and add/drop requests in accordance with University policy and best practices.
Student Petitions & Forms
- Works with the Director to ensure student files are maintained according to FERPA requirements and University retention guidelines.
- Assists with the transfer credit data entry for transfer students, summer abroad programs and visiting students.
- Assists with annual bulletin review and updates.
- Assists with reporting projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Responsible for ensuring all student petitions and forms are completed and disseminated in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Dependability, flexibility and timeliness.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage processes that bring about the successful completion of specific deliverables/goals.
- Ability to solve complex problems and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write technical and/or business memoranda.
- Ability to effectively present information in one to one and small group situations to customers, clients, students, and other employees of the University.
- Bachelors degree.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in a registrars office, admissions office or similar setting.
- Must have a flexible schedule during busy exam periods (May and December). Some Saturdays, Sundays and evenings as required.
- A minimum of four years of work experience in an academic setting.
- Previous experience at an accredited law school.
- Statistical data analysis work in an academic setting.
- Experience using Banner platform.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with a flexible schedule required during peak periods i.e. orientation, final exams, bar certification, and commencement.Application Deadline
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, August 26th, 2021
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu
to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.Salary Range
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $60,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate's sex or any other protected status.Benefits
The University of Denver
offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver
.Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.Advertised:
August 12, 2021 Applications close:
This job has expired.