Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The person in this role is responsible for maintaining GC/MS instrumentation; tuning and calibrating instruments daily; analyzing quality control and client samples; reviewing and assembling this data (in an efficient manner, with a high degree of quality) to meet client requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Maintains GC/MS instrumentation
- Tunes and calibrates GC/MS
- Analyzes samples by GC/MS
- Reviews and assembles all supporting GC/MS data
- Reads, understands, and carries out SOPs
- Understands and uses appropriate computer programs and databases and other software in a Windows-based environment
- Demonstrates and maintains awareness of technical innovations and progress in environmental field (including periodic literature examination for relative scientific information)
- Makes calibration standards or other quality control samples
- Trains new personnel as required
- Writes SOPs as needed
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related field
- At least 1 year of related experience with a GC/MS background
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Above average technical and reasoning skills (including logical thinking and deductive reasoning)
- Good work habits and documentation skills (i.e., cleanliness, accuracy, cautiousness, and neatness)
- Personal maturity and sense of responsibility
- Positive attitude toward quality control, safety procedures, and ethical practices
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to recognize and meet all deadlines or due dates
- Commitment to maintain client confidentiality concerning names and work performed
- Good organizational skills
- Self-motivation to improve technical skills and internal operations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Loyalty to company philosophy and goals
- Problem-solving ability
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Abilityto function under medium stress level;
- Organized thought process
- Ability to multitask and retain large amounts of information
- Ability to adapt to method changes and work with minimal supervision andfollow instructions
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.