Reporting directly to the Executive Director, HR Operations, the Associate Director, HR Communications will be responsible for developing and implementing communication programs on behalf of the HR organization, helping to shape and deliver some of Moderna's most pertinent internal messages. Based in Cambridge, MA, this role will partner closely with HR Centers of Excellence, HRBP's, Digital, and Corporate Affairs to gather a holistic view of communication and change needs, to inform a comprehensive HR story line spanning integrated programs and business priorities. Ultimate success of this individual will be proven by an integrated, positive, and seamless employee experience.
We workcollaborativelyas a team, we arerelentlessin the pursuit of excellence, we curiously willboldlychallenge the status quo if we can provide a better way, and we aim to strike a balance between process efficiency, effectiveness, and controls and compliance. We are committed to delivering accurate, timely, and insightful information with a high level of customer service, while striving to continuously improve our processes to help scale our operations to support future growth.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Develop and maintain integrated HR change and communication roadmap to support HR Portfolio initiatives
- Support HR Portfolio Director in maintaining the integrated HR Portfolio and priorities roadmap.
- Serve as the communications and change management liaison for the CHRO, HR Leadership, the HR Portfolio and key business stakeholders, providing collaborative guidance and advice on holistic communication strategies to help enhance employee experience, morale, and policy compliance
- Develop and implement innovative HR communication strategies and plans
- Lead the development, drafting, publication, and/or distribution of priority HR initiatives aligned to Moderna's business objectives values, culture, and company narrative
- Partner with the HRLT, HR PMO, Digital, and other key stakeholders to gather insights/interdependencies informing change and communications planning
- Coordinate closely with Corporate Affairs to ensure message alignment and integration with the broader enterprise platform and communications
- Communicate initiatives and deadlines to employees in through print, digital, and other creative interpersonal ways; tasks may include creating and publishing newsletters, calendars, blogs and Intranet posts, and hosting other forums
- Analyze and address employee survey results and key themes, integrating into broader change and communications strategy
- Serve as the change advisor to key HR stakeholders informing communication and change strategies for those initiatives that may require strategic change guidance
- Help promote company milestones and activities such as goals and strategic initiatives, company events, and community service activities
- Actively pursue feedback and input to communication activities, leveraging new engagement programs and enterprise-wide collaboration tools
- Measure, report and adjust communications activities to drive better effectiveness of messaging and outreach
- Maintain working knowledge of trends and best practices in employee retention, morale, recognition, productivity, and incentive programs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent is required
- 10+ years of relevant experience in internal communications
- HR functional knowledge preferred
- Experience working with executive leaders and senior management in a dynamic environment
- Ability and affinity for working in a matrix environment with cross-collaboration and multiple lines of accountability
- Ability to influence others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills across teams, cultures, and geographies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
This job has expired.