At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The Associate Director, Pan Tumor, Immuno-Oncology Marketing will be responsible for leading key elements of our strategy for HCPs and the multi-disciplinary team across the IO portfolio of oncology indications. Primarily this role will lead the development and execution of Pan Tumor communications strategies, messaging and materials, from a franchise portfolio perspective, building on the alignments and complementary aspects of the multiple tumor indications.
This position will partner with indication leads to ensure Pan Tumor marketing strategy and execution drives all the indications and fits within the portfolio. This person will also be responsible for the media planning and tactical execution of Pan Tumor marketing. This position will require outstanding leadership in many areas including HCP marketing and strategy development, ability to influence without authority across a broad range of internal/external stakeholders, market research, relationship building, budget management and overall detailed execution. Candidate will require the ability to deliver the business today, while simultaneously planning for future indications, and a consisten track record to work successfully under tight and often fluctuating timelines.
- Lead the pan tumor/pan indication marketing strategy, tactical development, and media planning
- Lead the annual operational planning process by shaping the business plan and budget required to achieve the brand's stated objectives
- Budget management for all areas of accountability
- Close partnership with indication leads and multiple other stakeholders across US and global business to ensure alignment and find synergies across a multi-indication portfolio
- Establish pan tumor marketing KPIs and measurement plan
- Handle partner agency relationships, workflow and related expense budgets
- Ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all marketing materials
This position will report directly into the Director, IO Pan Tumor Marketing, and will work in close partnership with marketing colleagues across the entire Immuno-Oncology franchise.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus (Washington DC Metro area), and will work predominantly on site. Gaithersburg, MD is one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves, which is at the core of AstraZeneca's priorities. The Gaithersburg site offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, a full-service cafeteria, state-of-the-art on-campus Daycare facility, copy center, game rooms, community garden and more! This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based workspaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration between teams. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of the Oncology Business Unit in the US. Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 7+ years' experience preferred in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, strategic planning
- Prior in-line HCP marketing experience
- Oncology or specialty care experience highly preferred
- In-depth Marketing experience (developing brand strategy, performing positioning, messaging, segmentation, targeting, leading ad agency, providing direction on annual budget planning)
- Experience across multiple promotional channels (Personal, Non-Personal and Digital)
- Launch experience
- Management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex constructs
- Ability to lead complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrixed environment and to work with Global team
- Strong business acumen skills
- Ability to lead without authority
- High capability at working collaboratively, thinking strategically and operating effectively in a rapidly evolving and competitive market place
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting-edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.