Moderna is seeking an Associate Director of Personalized Cancer Vaccine (PCV) Digital Laboratory who will be responsible for the design, deployment and continuous improvement of our digital platform supporting our PCV Quality Control. Moderna is a cloud-first company, and this role will balance building strong foundations, with implementing innovative new solutions that drive business value. With our progress towards commercialization, this position will play a key role partnering with our Quality Control stakeholders to enable our systems and processes for long term success.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Lead the development, testing, deployment, and support of the digital platform for the PCV QC laboratories.
- Represent the Digital Quality organization with the PCV Site Leadership.
- Partner closely with stakeholders to understand their business processes and develop creative solutions that help them measurably improve outcomes
- Partner closely with digital team members in the US to ensure consistency in the platform while meeting the needs of the local business stakeholders
- Foster a culture of innovation within the team and with stakeholders to challenge the status quo leveraging both new technologies and creative solutions within existing systems
- Participate in the execution of complex, integrated projects - proactively identifying risks / mitigation strategies while communicating to stakeholders and driving timelines
- Work with and provide input to digital management to develop and maintain a multi-year roadmap of key capabilities aligned with business strategy
- Participate on digital leadership teams to implement efforts and projects to meet evolving business needs
- Apply an operational excellence mindset to help Identify, devise and recommend new opportunities to optimize current processes
- Ensure GMP compliance is prioritized in the design, delivery and maintenance of all systems
- Serve as a change agent to engage and educate the business owners on the capability and functionality of the solutions with a focus on value stream optimization
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in science, engineering or computer science
- 8+ years' experience designing and implementing laboratory information management systems preferably LabVantage
- 5+ years' experience working in a GMP environment
- Experience with GAMP and GxP compliance regulations
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- MBA or PhD is a plus
- Compliance focused mindset
- Strong understanding personal biotech therapies such as cell and gene therapy
- Strong understanding of core laboratory system workflows
- Strong understanding of laboratory systems including data integrity regulations, instrument integration and laboratory digital workflow optimization
- Experience working in a transition from a precommercial to commercial for a life sciences company is a plus
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing, startup like environment
- Experience in defining, scoping and managing technology initiatives
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to reach a common goal
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless,
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.