Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50countries and about 55,000 staff.
If you're seeking to become engaged in purposeful work that will have a far-reaching impact, Eurofins Agroscience Services (EAS) provides the environment you're looking for. With more than 50 years' experience in the crop protection industry, EAS offers a unique portfolio of expertise, providing extensive laboratory and field support across multiple industries including agrochemical, biopesticide, pharmaceutical, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
When you join the EAS Group, you'll become part a network of laboratories that prioritizes the execution of top-tier scientific studies. With access to specialized equipment and best-in-class instrumentation, you will collaborate with a team of highly trained scientists and study directors to rapidly build upon your existing skills set.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for an Associate Scientist, Aquatics Ecotoxicology, to work in Easton, MD.
Associate Scientistresponsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- Carries out routine and moderately complex experiments and procedures in accordance with all applicable regulatory (e.g. DEA, EPA, FDA, FIFRA, OECD, etc.) requirements as defined by protocol, method, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Utilizes knowledge of scientific discipline on multiple techniques.
- Utilizes new equipment, develops formulas and processes
- Adheres to schedule according to Eurofin Agroscience Services' or contracting organization's timetable and establishes daily or weekly routines necessary to ensure on-time delivery.
- Conducts title/skill appropriate procedures with minimal supervision using laboratory equipment, computer resources, and institutional libraries.
- Performs analysis, first level, and peer review of data for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares data and reports of completed projects ensuring auditable quality for publication at completion of contracted work by clients.
- May assist in preparation of data and final reports for completed projects or studies.
- May serve as a Client Contact
- Depending on area of assignment, may analyze organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties.
- Depending on area of assignment, may handle regulated materials (quarantined matrices, DEA controlled or radiolabeled materials, etc.), potential biohazard materials, and toxic chemicals according to company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Is likely to work on several projects concurrently.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Coursework, degree or experience in microbiology, mycology, and/or phycology preferred.
- GLP experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, environmental studies, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas.
- Equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major) may be substituted for all or part of degree.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a directly relevant or demonstrated comparable competency and skill attainment is required.
- Master's degree in a relevant field may be substituted for the bachelor's degree and experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Easton, MDare encouraged to apply
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Videos To Watch
This job has expired.