Job ID: 433461
Leviat, a CRH company, is a global leader in insulating, lifting, anchoring, and connecting technology for the construction industry. Leviat's engineered products and innovative construction solutions are used in a variety of market segments from residential to infrastructure, enabling users to build better, stronger, safer, and faster. The company employs nearly 3,000 people at 60 locations globally. Leviat's suite of trusted product brands include Meadow Burke, Halfen, and Thermomass.
Automation Technicians are responsible for continuous improvement and implementation of automation solutions including installation, testing, and repair at production facilities, as well as keeping track of spare parts and perform preventative maintenance on automation cells. This is a hands-on position, implementing and maintaining and improving automation and processes related to automation in a manufacturing facility.
- Maintain and improve the current automated systems, including, automation machine maintenance as needed, replacing severed wires, or damaged sensors
- Ability to run all automated cells, start up, shut down, and troubleshooting
- Launch of new automation projects, completed either internally or externally through integrators
- Writing user manuals for automation cells
- Evaluate current processes and look for new processes that could be automated to improve productivity
- Modify PLC, Vision, HMI's, or safety programs as needed
- Implement new technology to improve current automation
- Understanding a product or process, evaluating parts and searching for alternatives if necessary due to obsolescence or lead times
- Design, and detail fixturing, robot tooling, machine tooling in 3d modeling software
- Sourcing purchased components for the designs, and working with vendors to evaluate alternatives
- Highly receptive to learning new skills quickly with minimal instruction
- Ability to identify tasks that need to be accomplished without it being specifically assigned
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
What CRH Offers You
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least 5 years of relevant experience; A plus is an Engineering degree OR past additional training in Automation, Robotics, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering
- 1-2 years' experience in automated systems in a technical role
- Able to wire DC electrical cabinets and modify prints as needed
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Machine maintenance and troubleshooting experience
- Proficient in PLC and HMI programming (preferably Allen Bradley)
- Familiar with robot and vision programming (preferably Fanuc)
- Familiarity with safety precautions such as Lock-out/Tag-out, Arc Flash protection, welding protection, and personal protective equipment
- Familiar with AutoCAD or any other 2D and 3D CAD software
- Exposure to SCADA programming preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Leviat, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Fort Worth Nearest Secondary Market:
Dallas Job Segment:
Facilities, Maintenance, Testing, Construction, Electrical Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering