SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
In general, the Scientist is responsible for performing analytical testing and analysis of biopharmaceutical drug substance, drug products, and raw materials, as well as assisting other scientists in the completion of their tasks. Operates in the Lab as an independent researcher. Conceives, implements, and analyzes experiment to produce data independently. Supervises 1 (non-HR) or more junior scientists running a team, group, etc. Attends and contributes to Client-facing meetings. Has clear vision to revenue producing activities and is held accountable. A person at the Scientist level may be asked to participate in the preparation and review process for laboratory SOPs and forms/worksheets. Overall, this position presents the employee with an opportunity to play a key customer service role in the company while simultaneously learning the technical skills required to advance in the field of pharmaceutical analysis.
- Execute and perform testing as per methods, following the company's Standard Operating Procedures, Deviations and Change Control programs and cGMP guidelines as required by client submissions.
- Duties here include preparation for testing by using good time management skills for each assigned task, such as confirming availability of resources (standards, equipment, etc.) and adequacy of testing documentation, proper application of test procedures, proper technique for data capture and recording, and preparation of the final report of analysis.
- Ability to execute method verifications, validations, transfers based on signed protocols with supervision.
- Perform routine and more complex analysis/testing of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical finished products and raw materials.
- Record data in timely manner.
- Strictly follows the latest approved version of methods, SOPs, QA manuals unless authorized by Department Manager and/or Group/Scientific Leader in writing.
- Record findings in standardized format, keeping all records and analyst note book in good order.
- Ensure that all reasonable client requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are met in a timely and ultimately efficient manner.
- Ensure that all client requests for information pertaining to analytical testing (or any of SGS other services) are passed on to appropriate company personnel in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that routine testing submitted by clients is completed within established parameters governing turnaround time and quality-of-work expectations.
- Participation in departmental and/or company-wide projects designed to improve the nature of SGS client services.
- Work as a team with other scientists and communicate effectively with peers and superiors.
- Prioritize, schedule and plan daily work in order to maintain efficient work flow to assure completion of scheduled tasks and to meet established due dates.
- Report and Assist in the failure investigations as instructed.
- Ensure that equipment are maintained in good order; perform calibrations and qualifications as required.
- With supervision, prepare study protocols, study reports, forms and SOP's.
- Prepare and standardize Test solutions, Standard solutions and Volumetric solutions.
- Assist in the resolution of routine technical problems.
- Perform additional assigned lab duties and periodically update Department Manager and/or Group/Scientific Leader on the status.
- Maintain clean and organized workbench area ensuring spills are immediately cleaned; disposal is according to laboratory procedures, glassware is appropriately handled and lab solutions are replaced.
- Show initiative in completing work orders and providing solutions for effective lab performance
- Constantly look for ways to improve analytical techniques, documentation and daily work duties.
- Conduct trouble shooting where testing/analytical failures occur in liaison with Group/Scientific Leader and designate.
- Inform the Department Manager and/or Group/Scientific Leader, as far in advance as possible, if the assigned work order cannot be satisfactorily completed within established scheduled time and quality of work expectations.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has expired.
- Bachelors, Masters/MBA or Doctorate degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or equivalent.
- Minimum 10+/5+ /0 years of experience respectively with demonstrated ability to complete more complex role/duties OR equivalent combination of education and experience