Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: September 2022
Bahnson Mechanical Systems (BMS) is a major facility services provider offering a broad range of HVAC and full mechanical services to virtually every market segment within the U.S. Our 100+ years' experience gives us an unparalleled understanding of systems and operational needs.
The Business Development Manager position is a critical role for the company. This person will work directly with owners, general contractors, and other stakeholders to support BMS' mission of solving complex mechanical problems for clients and establishing relationships with these stakeholders for long-term collaborative business. This individual will be responsible for prospecting new clients and maintaining existing relationships that will generate commercial and industrial business for the company. He or she will work directly with facilities to offer HVAC maintenance contracts and service solutions to new and existing clients. This individual will also be directly responsible for developing mechanical construction project sales with new and existing clients, including owners and general contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- Generates sales of projects to existing and new industrial and commercial customers.
- Generates sales of HVAC preventative maintenance service contracts, equipment replacements, and other service solutions to new and existing customers.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and existing clients, industry peer groups, vendors, and other centers of influence to produce qualified leads and close opportunities.
- Leverages internal relationships by collaborating with engineers and project managers to drive effective sales.
- Travels frequently to meet with new and existing clients.
- Applies engineering, construction, and HVAC service expertise to understand and resolve clients' most challenging problems.
- Oversees the proposal generation process and has a proven ability to understand, summarize, and present large amounts of details and data.
- Utilizes commercial construction expertise to understand contractual requirements, project-specific circumstances, and market conditions to mitigate the company's risk.
- Inputs and maintains client and sales data into the BMS client management database.
- Performs onsite equipment and project surveys.
- Sources and negotiates components and equipment from vendors.
- Achieves target sales goals.
- Maintains a log of opportunities, activities, and expenses.
- Supports the company's management team in the creation of business development strategies.
- Attends regularly scheduled safety training sessions such as OSHA 30, mobile elevated work platform training, fall protection training, etc.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Service Director and General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- High school diploma or GED will be considered based on work history and relevant experience.
- 3+ years of sales experience using self-generated lead strategies.
- 2+ years of construction or HVAC industry experience helpful
- Experience reviewing and understanding mechanical construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to travel daily to visit customers within 100 miles of Greenville, SC (no overnight travel required).
- Experience with public speaking and providing compelling customer presentations.
- Practices customer accountability, is reliable and trustworthy, and meets client deadlines.
- Displays poise, confidence, and collaborates diplomatically and effectively with customers and BMS employees.
- Communicates effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications (i.e., Outlook, Word, Teams, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with a CRM or client management database is a plus
- Previous experience with Blue Beam is a plus
The requirements listed below are representative of the characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism, and commitment to company values.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must embrace the company's safety culture.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must possess the ability to manage and supervise personnel.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customers, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and also travel to field locations as needed.
While visiting field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.Notice to prospective employees:
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.