- Initiates and answers inbound and/or outbound sales contact directly from/to prospective and/or existing customers
Accepts orders, closes sales, maintains customer records and completes required documentation
Identifies and qualifies prospective customers and records sales prospecting activity in computer-based tracking systems
May have an assigned product line that may overlap other sales teams' territories
May have an individual or team sales quota and is likely to have a target earnings bonus or sales incentive opportunity General Profile Plans own territory or account approach and monitors resources while working within overall sales plan developed by manager
Typically responsible for products/services or territories/accounts that have moderate complexity May train new team members and provide input to employee performance evaluations Recommended Skills Functional Knowledge:
Develops and applies broad knowledge of products and solutions Business Expertise: Interprets internal/external business issues and applies them to own role Leadership:
No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members Problem Solving: Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyses possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents Impact: Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies Interpersonal Skills: Has direct contact with clients with moderate opportunity to negotiate
- The research telephonic sales position is responsible for driving new business revenue in an assigned territory by selling appropriate LexisNexis solutions to specific corporate departments who currently do not subscribe to LexisNexis
- Meet or exceed monthly and yearly revenue objectives.
- Sell the value of LexisNexis to corporate professionals within an assigned territory by articulating how our solutions meet their information needs. This will be accomplished through cold calling to secure first appointments, advancing appointments, closing appointments, consulting sessions and group presentations.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of all LexisNexis business information solution products and competitive products to articulate the benefits and advantages of LexisNexis products, and handle customer concerns or objections
- Utilize all required processes, tools and systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years proven business to business solution sales experience in new business generation, preferably with complex products or solutions over the phone
- Strong new business prospecting skills including but not limited to cold calling, networking, negotiation and closing
- In depth industry knowledge and the ability to quickly develop an in depth understanding of LN products and services - Research
- Experience working as part of a team in a highly complex corporate environment
- Understanding and expertise in computer hardware and software including Windows XP, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and the Internet.
- Executive level communication and presentation skills
- Documented history of sales over achievement
- Strong time management, organizational and forecasting skills
- Strong business acumen to understand the impact of your decisions on the territory performance as measured by revenue, profit and customer measures.
- Executive presence to convince customers to purchase LN products and services.
- Politically savvy to understand and manage the power relationships in the LN organization and in other organizations/firms. Includes the ability to identify the real decision makers and key influencers, and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organization.
- Ability to lift or carry laptop and collateral sales materials of approximately 25 pounds.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.