This position is responsible for acquiring, purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment and supplies for requisitioned material. This individual will purchase materials as required by Kanban & ERP systems, supporting strategic sourcing objectives. This role will also enhance West Chester Operations strategies for quality, cost, delivery and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
- Direct procurement responsibilities for $5-10 million in spend.
- Interacts with suppliers to negotiate lowest total cost of ownership for Portescap.
- Increase on-time delivery by utilizing MRP output to eliminate material shortages for manufacturing and customer needs.
- Manage and develop existing suppliers through performance feedback, discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services to determine source of trouble and take corrective action. Study market trends, evaluate suppliers and recommended sources of supply. Estimate values according to knowledge of market price. Determine appropriate procurement methods, and will negotiate and implement supplier agreements consistent with quality, delivery and cost requirements.
- Participate in the Daily Management process by taking full ownership of exceeding delivery and inventory targets.
- This position is responsible for contributing to Policy Deployment (business unit strategic objectives) results and total business goals.
- Use Altra Business System (lean manufacturing) tools to drive continuous process improvements in on-time delivery, cost savings, inventory reduction, and Low Cost Region spend.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Effective planning, organization, and leadership skills.
- Effective procurement and supplier management skills - demonstrated ability to drive significant reductions in cost while maintaining or improving service levels.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical background including experience with tools such as Oracle, Excel and Access
- Ability and experience interfacing at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to articulate clear vision and convey a sense of urgency
- Ability and willingness to lead and work in a matrix organization with direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Education - Bachelor degree or relevant years of experience required. Engineering, materials management or other business major preferred.
- Experience -Three years in supply chain management, purchasing or planning role(s) in a manufacturing environment. Domestic & International Logistics experience a plus.
- Functional Training - Demonstration of continuing education in materials management (to ensure knowledge and understanding of leading-edge practices and technology). CPM and/or CPIM certification preferred.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at:
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
This job has expired.