Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
Granite Construction's Cement Mason Apprenticeship Program provides apprentices the opportunity to develop the competencies required of a journey level Cement Mason. Through a combination of on-the-job and instructor led training, apprentices will learn how to safely perform routine tasks in support of journey level Cement Masons.
Apprenticeship minimum requirements to reach full journey level Cement Mason: Instructor related training of 144 hours per year for 3 years; On the Job Training 2,000 Hours per year for 3 years.
Granite Construction is an Accredited Apprenticeship Program. Upon completion of all requirements and demonstration of competence in required skills, journey level Certification will be issued by the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Apprenticeship. The employee may then be considered to promote-progress to Cement Mason journey level status (subject to Cement Mason journey level Cement Mason opportunities available).
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Complete 144-hours of instructor related training annually.
- Complete 2,000 hours of on-the-job training (OJT) under the guidance and direction of a journey level Cement Mason and/or Supervisor.
- Apply knowledge obtained through classroom instruction including but not limited to concrete safety, the safe and proper care, use and maintenance of various tools and equipment of the trade.
- Apply knowledge obtained through classroom instruction including but not limited to concrete materials, properties, and specifications, concrete surface treatments, curing and protecting concrete, estimating concrete quantities, architectural finishes, concrete repair, finish, and reinforcement.
- Apply knowledge obtained through classroom instruction including but not limited to troubleshooting-quality control; tilt up wall panels, vertical and horizontal forms work, industrial and super flat floors; foundations and slabs-on-grade.
- Learn how to establish elevations and grades, setting of screeds and forms for cement and concrete.
- Learn how to spread, level and smooth concrete unitizing tools including but not limited to a trowel, float, and screed.
- Learn how to perform texturing (tine, broom, etc.).
- Learn methods of placing and curing concrete to ensure a durable, smooth, and uniform finish.
- Support team members in safely performing various tasks on project site as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency, preferred.
- Successfully completed or enrolled in a Career and Technical Education program such as Pima JTED, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-2 years of Construction experience, preferred.
- Ability to wear a full body harness and work at heights while tied off.
- Ability to work, day, swing, and night shifts (occasionally extended hours).
- Ability to work in constant exposure to outside elements, in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in safety sensitive construction setting, including exposure to moving machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Ability to constantly squat, crawl, and work in awkward positions/confined spaces.
- Physical dexterity, stamina, and excellent hand-eye coordination with ability to: grasp, assemble, and lift objects, stand, sit, and walk for extended periods over uneven surfaces, squat, bend, climb ladders onto equipment or other objects, and potentially lie down.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling of heavy items weighing up to 50 lbs. or more.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Willingness to learn core skills through hands-on training and working on the job to gain practical experience.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct daily.
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.