Come join our awesome team as a nursing assistant at Sleepy Eye Care Center. We are offering a generous retention incentive of $5,000.00! Earn up to $5,000.00
Sleepy Eye Care Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Nursing assistant job highlights:
• 403(b) Retirement Plan
• Career scholarships;
• Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
The Nursing Assistant role is to provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care in accordance with established facility nursing care procedures as directed by clinical supervisors.
The Nursing Assistant is the heart of the clinical team, providing direct care and activities of daily living for our residents that they cannot do for themselves. You will be rewarded with smiles and gratitude from the residents you provide care to!
- Assist residents with activities of daily living.
- Reports promptly to the nurse any changes in the resident condition.
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
- Accurately utilizes electronic systems of documentation as required per facility policy.
- Attends/Completes educational offerings, and obtains at least twelve (12) hours of continuing education a year per state regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a Certified, Registered or State Tested Nursing Assistant in the state of employment
- Ability to safely perform the essential functions of the job without harm to self or others.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Ability to understand and follow work assignments.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
Sleepy Eye Care Center is a trusted skilled care community that is dedicated to offering long-term or short-term assistance to older adults in need. We are located in Sleep Eye. Compassion and empathy are consistently demonstrated by our driven staff, who work so hard to provide the aid our community members need. Their dedication to caring for our senior population is inspiring, and we offer them a comprehensive benefits package and retirement plan so they feel secure in their work/life balance.
In our 2022 Great Place to Work survey, employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Join us, and apply today!
, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.