We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Chemical Engineer Intern at one of our locations in the United States.
Our summer intern program is tailored to individuals who are currently enrolled full-time students at an accredited four-year college or university. The internships run from May to August - dependent on the school calendar. The goal of the Huntsman Intern Program is to provide a structured program that will equip interns with the skills and experience to help prepare for a successful career.
The Chemical Engineer Intern will:
What are we looking for in the ideal Candidate?
- Provide technical support to assigned area(s).
- Work closely with process/production engineers and Operations personnel on specific assignments related to meeting daily production goals.
- Participate, and eventually lead, troubleshooting efforts related to plant production including process improvement opportunities related to plant production including safety, environmental, quality, and unit performance issues.
- Identify process improvement opportunities related to these troubleshooting efforts.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate procedures and guidelines. Make sure that annual required training is completed on-time.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Full time college student at the Junior or Senior level by the end of Spring 2021.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited university seeking a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Must have 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Must be authorized to work in U.S.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Card.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and methods used in chemical plant manufacturing and analyses.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Able to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to build relationships across all organizational lines.
- Able to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Proficiency in process stimulation programs preferred.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local. P
lease refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.Additional Locations:
Conroe, Texas, East Lansing, Michigan, Freeport, Texas, Geismar, Louisiana, HATC, Texas, Los Angeles, California, McIntosh, Alabama, Ringwood, Illinois
This job has expired.