The claims clerk performs various support functions for the Operations department that include, but are not limited to those listed in the essential job functions section below. The ideal candidate for this opportunity is someone searching for the next-level in their career. Preferred experience is someone with an insurance industry background or other professional environment.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Provide incoming mail support; including opening, sorting and delivery of mail, maintaining records of critical documents, scanning and indexing documents to claim files, boxing & shipping mail to correct handling offices.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, including computers, printers, copy machines, facsimile receiver/transmitter and mailing equipment.
- Monitors Operations department Outlook Inboxes, processes requests and/or distributes items to the appropriate claim staff.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
Claims Kit Clerk:
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Attention to detail
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Prepare state mandated workers compensation packets and mail
- High school diploma
- Minimum 6 months experience working in insurance claims department OR related office environment
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets.
- Ability to learn new procedures quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
- Basic understanding of business technology.
- Ability to take direction and make decisions.
- Self-organized and detail oriented.
Degree of Supervision Required:
- Some degree of supervision will be needed during the initial stages of employment and with the introduction of any new job tasks or responsibilities, as well as some resource support to handle questions/issues that arise during the normal course of business.
- Minimal degree of supervision will be needed with the introduction of any new job tasks or responsibilities.
- Minimal supervision is needed during the normal course of business.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job has expired.