The Client Manager provides advice and assistance requiring technical and industry knowledge and client service skills to meet client needs and resolve difficulties. Client Managers may occasionally perform in the capacity of a Client Executive Service for specifically assigned accounts to oversee the preparation of and providing renewal and new business presentations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the initial point of contact for Clients, Carriers and others on the Client Service Team in the following areas:
- RFP review and preparation.
- Analysis of utilization reports, carrier reports and claims data and trends.
- COBRA, HIPAA and coordination of 5500 data.
- Work closely with and instruct carrier representatives to ensure smooth implementation of new plans.
- Ensure required plan information and materials are sent to the client in a timely manner.
- Guide and mentor Benefit Analysts throughout the process of gathering Client census and benefit plan information used to prepare materials for new business presentations, renewals and open enrollment meetings.
- Explain client needs and concerns focusing on how various plan designs and recommendations address those issues.
- Review renewals, new business presentations, and open enrollment materials to ensure they are accurate and complete in content, are compliant with company and regulatory guidelines, and reflect a professional appearance.
- Ensure that client files and documentation are maintained according to policy and procedures, and consistent with Marsh & McLennan professional standards.
- Develop analytical, customer service and communication skills needed to perform as a Client Manager II.
- Present to Client Service or Sales Executive the financial measures used to predict and analyze plan benefit costs, and the factors which influence those costs and premium rates.
- Under the guidance of the Client Executive Service, participate in prospect and renewal meetings to learn client needs, challenges and concerns.
- Learn best practices to present renewal outcomes to the client and provide recommendations based on the findings with the ultimate goal being to take on these responsibilities.
- Conduct employee open enrollment meetings to communicate benefit options.
- Respond to and resolve routine issues the client may encounter regarding receipt of benefit services and coverage questions.
Education and/or Experience
- Keep Client Executive Service apprised of potential E&O concerns and client dissatisfaction. Strategize with Client Executive Service to develop possible resolutions and proactive solutions to avoid continued or future problems.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Must possess a strong understanding of health and welfare plan benefits and carriers such that this expertise is recognized by colleagues and clients. This level of expertise is generally acquired through 5 years' experience providing group health and benefits sales or service while at a brokerage or carrier.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide non-technical explanations to technical matters, and summarize and present information in a clear, concise and accurate written and verbal format.
- Strong knowledge of employee health insurance carriers, their strengths and weaknesses, plan design features as well as the general factors which affect cost and plan design.
- Maintain a valid unrestricted Life and Disability License in California and meet the continuing education requirements.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and dependable transportation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to include work experience creating tables, charts, graphs, pivot tables and formulas.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as use of office equipment such as fax and copy machines, and telephones. Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Travel to client sites is required. Usually within driving distance, but occasionally consists of 2 - 5 night stay out of town.
This position is not eligible for remote work in Colorado.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
This job has expired.