Client Services Account Specialist, Aries Systems
Trusted and relied on by thousands of scholarly journals and millions of global users, Aries' SaaS based tools bring scientific and medical research from the laboratory to the world. We help researchers make new discoveries, help doctors save lives, and provide support to healthcare professionals throughout their careers. If that's a cause you want to contribute to, consider joining us!
New to the Elsevier family, Aries Systems has experience tremendous success and has a thirty plus year history of innovation. Aries is dedicated to providing scholarly journals with leading-edge workflow solutions (Editorial Manager, ProduXion Manager and LiXuid Manuscript). Aries Systems transforms the way scholarly publishers bring high-value content to the world. The company's innovative and forward-looking workflow solutions manage the complexities of modern print and electronic publishing-from submission to editorial management and peer review, to production tracking and publishing channel distribution. Aries Systems is committed to delivering solutions that help publishers and scholars enhance the discovery and dissemination of human knowledge. You can learn more about Aries and our products at: https://www.ariessys.com/
Purpose of the role:
The Account Specialist role offers an entry level role with tremendous growth opportunity in our Client Services group for an Account Specialist. The Account Specialist will troubleshoot and track customer questions related to the use of our Editorial Manager (EM) and ProduXion Manager (PM) software, as well as providing first level support. As this position is expected to develop into an Account Coordinator role, we are looking for an individual with a genuine interest in exploring new developments in the STM publishing community. The ideal candidate will have at least one year experience working in a software support / customer service-related field or in an editorial office. Experience in the scholarly publishing industry is extremely beneficial but not required. Recent college graduates with exemplary written communications skills and technology aptitude are encouraged to apply.
- Develop a general understanding of editorial workflows and how our products facilitate them.
- Perform first line troubleshooting of software-related issues end-users may experience.
- Perform software testing to recreate system problems.
- Triage and escalation of technical issues as necessary.
- Assist Account Coordinators with implementations.
- Participate in customer training secessions.
- Conduct sessions at our annual User's Group Meeting, preparing presentations and presenting to group sessions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Work in a way that works for you
- Basic understanding of web-based environments a must.
- Knowledge of multiple computer platforms and internet browsers.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication.
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage through competing priorities.
- Highly flexible and diplomatic.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Above-average writing and communication skills.
- Account management, and business development skills a plus.
- Bachelor's degree.
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, tuition assistance and training resources, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier/Aries, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.