Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
TGI is searching for ClinicalLaboratory Scientists (II, III, and Senior)in Lenexa, KS. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) performs laboratory testing, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration of equipment, quality control procedures and is responsible for the validity of test results.
Essential Job Duties:
Level II - Fully meets the responsibilities of Level I plus the following:
- General knowledge of Standard Operating Procedure writing, assay theory, and instrumentation
- Orient, mentor and teach clinical laboratory methods, procedures and techniques to new Associates
- Demonstrate effective teamwork skills by knowledge sharing
- Take on formally-assigned additional duties, such as training, as a part of routine job performance
- Participate on special project teams as requested by supervisory staff
Level III - Fully meets the responsibilities of Level II plus the following:
- Obtain advanced knowledge of Viracor Eurofins standard operating procedures, assays, and instrumentation
- Participate in troubleshooting activities in conjunction with Technical Supervisor
- Volunteer to serve on various committees and panels to the benefit of the laboratory or company in general (e.g. Safety Committee)
- Performs train the trainer and Qualified Personnel responsibilities as assigned
Senior CLS - Fully meets the responsibilities of Level III plus the following:
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leads or executes complex special projects outside of a standard CLS scope. For example, lead an audit prep team or process
- Utilize extensive company and technical knowledge to participate in audits and defend company practices as needed
Level II - Fully meets the qualifications of Level I plus the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical laboratory experience at CLS I level work
- Possess the required skills to perform the additional level requirements above
Level III - Fully meets the qualifications of Level II plus the following:
- Minimum of 6 years of clinical laboratory experience, inclusive of Viracor tenure as a Laboratory Technician
- Completed train-the-trainer program and possess the skillset to be a trainer and Qualified Personnel
- Possess advanced knowledge and troubleshooting capability
- Has demonstrated achievement in advancing laboratory improvements, including participation in committees, panels, process improvement teams, or other related activities
Senior CLS - Fully meets the qualifications of Level III plus the following:
- Minimum of 9 years of clinical laboratory experience, inclusive of Viracor tenure as a Laboratory Technician
- Possess in-depth technical knowledge
- Regulatory knowledge and capability, as demonstrated by successful completion of CAP auditor course or similar regulatory training, so as to help the company prepare for inspections or audits
- Advanced communication skills, as demonstrated by successful completion of CE coursework in presentations or public speaking
- BS or BA in biological, physical, chemical or clinical laboratory science
- Authorization to work in the Unites States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Sunday - Thursday or Wednesday - Saturday, with overtime as needed.Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lenexa, KS are encouraged to apply.What we offer:
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays