Who You'll Work With
Slalom Emerge is a team of trailblazers helping ensure we achieve our strategic goals of investing for the future and pursuing innovation as a competitive advantage. We empower our local markets by identifying emerging capabilities, building multi-disciplinary teams, and providing access to niche and hyper-specialized expertise.
What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
- Help clients by architecting and modernizing their data platforms, and ensure value by onboarding relevant use cases to the platform
- Partner with clients to understand their business and requirements, create their cloud data strategy, and break it down into realistic, phased goals
- Provide reusable architectural frameworks to project execution teams for implementation. Example frameworks would include scalable data ingestion engine, config-driven processing engine, data quality engine, etc.
- As required, lead technical delivery of projects
- Serve as a subject matter expert in cloud data solutions and demonstrate thought leadership at clients as well as internally at Slalom.
- Travel up to 30-40% (regional)
- A passion for all things data; understanding how to work with it at scale, and more importantly, knowing how to get the most out of it.
- Expertise in architecting, designing, implementing, and overseeing the implementation of cloud data solutions in Azure, AWS, GCP, Databricks or Snowflake
- Experienced in building batch and/or real-time cloud data platforms using cloud services such as S3, EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, Lambda, Glue, Athena, or equivalent
- Expertise in the design and build of data extraction, transformation, and loading processes using tools like Informatica, Talend, DBT, and/or other
- Expertise in one or more of the following scripting languages; Python, Scala, Java, C#, or Bash
- Expertise in data modeling, with an understanding of modeling approaches like Star schema and/or Data Vault
- Experience in building real-time solutions using tools such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Deep knowledge of data privacy, encryption, and access control best practices to ensure end-to-end data security.
- Working knowledge of agile development, including DevOps concepts
- Certifications are a plus; we love people who love to learn
- Experience with data virtualization tools like Trino, Starburst, Denodo, Data Virtuality, etc
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 39 markets around the world, Slalom'steams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed byregional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized byemployees as the best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud it invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.