Worker Type: Employee
Job Post End Date: 10/22/2023
About this opportunity
Are you looking for an exciting Co-op/Internship opportunity full of meaningful, diverse, and challenging assignments working alongside industry leading professionals? You will be part of a driven, and collaborative team completing important projects while receiving the mentorship, knowledge, and experience to develop the skills you need to build an exciting career.
Cenovus is looking for students who are seeking an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a refining environment. We are looking for individuals who can bring fresh ideas to the table, and who are willing to learn from some of the industry's most innovative and talented people.
Interested in some of our past student experiences? Read their stories here .
- Perform field visits to assist the area team with troubleshooting of equipment
- Conduct field investigations to develop and document technical scoping for repair, replacement, and/or modifications
- Assist in Fitness-For-Service evaluations of equipment identified by the mechanical integrity program to ensure compliance with Cenovus engineering practices and ASME codes/standards
- Assist in the development and creation of engineering work packages for routine maintenance activities (Specifications, Drawings, Bill of Materials, Work Scope, Vendor Data) in accordance with Cenovus engineering practices and ASME codes/standards
- Update plant rotating and fixed equipment technical drawings/documents
- Generate and/or update plant material descriptions for critical spare parts
- Gather and enter updated information into existing or newly created spreadsheets. Data may come from engineering files or from verification of equipment located throughout the refinery
- May contact machinery vendors for missing/required information
- May participate in field supervision of maintenance and project work conducted throughout the refinery
- Predictive maintenance tools may be utilized to examine machinery to assess machinery condition and to determine scope of work during machine overhaul
- Create SAP (ERP software) notifications, purchase requests, and cost accounting methods
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship for this role will not be provided
- As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, a valid US Driver's License is required
- Previous experience is considered an asset
- Strong attitude for carrying out all work in a safe, cautious manner while following safe work practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Preference will be given to students in 3rd or 4th year
- Availability for multiple work terms is preferred
- Strong academic performance
- Ability to work 40 hours per week during the scheduled semester
- May include frequency of sitting, standing, computer work, lifting, driving, working at site, etc.
- This is a safety sensitive role and as such you will also be required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during required work hours. Furthermore, you will also be required to pass the Cenovus pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements.
- Safety sensitive positions require the operation of a motor vehicle. A valid US Driver's License with no restrictions is a requirement for this role.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.Note:
Candidates must have their own means of transportation as there is no public transportation in field locations.Additional Information
- New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
- Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- If you require assistance / accommodation with your application, please email CareerOpportunities@cenovus.com
We're a Canadian-based integrated energy company headquartered in Calgary. We're committed to maximizing value by sustainably developing our assets in a safe, innovative, and cost-efficient manner, integrating environmental, social and governance considerations into our business plans.
Sustainability has always been deeply engrained in Cenovus's culture. We have ambitious environmental, social and governance (ESG) targets in five focus areas - climate & greenhouse gas emissions, water stewardship, biodiversity, Indigenous reconciliation and Inclusion & Diversity - and are taking action to achieve them.
Cenovus is a founding member of the Pathways Alliance, Canada's largest oil sands producers working together to address climate change. For more information on Cenovus's ESG focus areas and targets, and overall sustainability efforts, visit https://www.cenovus.com/Sustainability .
We operate in Canada, the United States, and the Asia Pacific region. Our operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, thermal and conventional crude oil and natural gas projects across Western Canada, crude oil production offshore Newfoundland and Labrador and natural gas and liquids production offshore China and Indonesia. Cenovus's downstream operations include upgrading, refining, and marketing operations in Canada and the United States.For more information, visit cenovus.com . Find Cenovus on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , YouTube, and Instagram .
At Cenovus, we embrace diversity of thought, experience, and backgrounds to help us make better business decisions, address our challenges, seize opportunities, and unlock innovative solutions. We're committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where people feel respected, valued, and engaged. We strive for a collaborative, physically and psychologically safe environment where you can be yourself, feel a sense of belonging and thrive.
The requirements of this posting may be modified to support business needs. Title and compensation administration will be based on the skills and capabilities of the successful incumbent. Please note that a pre-employment background check and medical and drug/alcohol assessment are pre-conditions to Cenovus employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Cenovus.
Cenovus Energy is an affirmative action employer, and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, or other personal or physical characteristics protected by law. Notification To be considered for a position, please click Apply and create an account or sign in to your Cenovus Careers profile.Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online notification confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume.Only those applicants who apply directly to a posted position and are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not accept agency or third-party candidate submissions.To follow the status of your application, log in to your Cenovus Careers profile and click on the appropriate job under 'My Applications'.
Interested in this opportunity? Click the Apply link.
If you are a CURRENT EMPLOYEE please apply by going to our Internal Career Site
This job has expired.