Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
Starting Wage: $16.45Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends.
- Applicants must reside in the US at time of application
- Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
- Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their 45th day of employment. Successful applicants will need to show proof of at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine on or before their start date.
Competitive benefits, including:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Educational Assistance Program (including GED assistance, Citizenship assistance, ESL and tuition reimbursement)
- Referral incentives
- Paid Earned Time
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible collecting semen and inseminating hens in egg production areas by performing all essential duties in rotation with others. Other duties may be assigned.
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities:
- Catch rooster and control for milking per animal welfare guidelines (30%)
- Stimulate male and collect semen into vial, visually observe collected semen for viability (30%)
- Catch hen, invert, and present oviduct for insemination per animal welfare guidelines (30%)
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare Requirements:
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Such as: Move birds between houses, lab sample swabs, operate a high pressure and regular water hose, maintains foot pans and hand sanitizer, maintain equipment by checking fluid levels, filters, tire pressure, and clean/disinfect to remove debris, maintains a clean and organized work area. (10%)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The job site is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the job site except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact an HR representative at 417-435-2299 x 3421.Relocation Assistance Eligible:
- Physical: Must regularly lift and control hens and roosters weighing up to 16 pounds and carry catch frames weighing up to 10 pounds for distances up to 300 feet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand majority of shift on a concrete floor; repetitive use of arms to reach and hands to handle or feel animals, objects, or tools up to 8 hrs per day; walk; sit;, or feel objects, tools, or controls; balance; bend and stoop; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Tools and Equipment: Requires use of hand tools such as pipettes and tips, vials; equipment such as catch frames; safe operation of vehicle to and from work area.
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also in hot, dry, dusty, wet and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety goggles and/or glasses, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and rubber boots are required. Arm protectors are available if desired.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Semen extender, disinfectants, vehicle fluids, and lubricants.
- Safety: Team member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. Team member is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
- Mask policy will be in accordance with any local, state, or federal requirements but will be provided to any Team Member wishing to wear a mask.
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.