AZZ Metal Coatings - Houston
This position is responsible for commercial driving and hauling steel in a safe and efficient manner.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
A minimum of two to five years commercial driving experience is required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
A CDL - Class A license under no type of suspension is required.
- May drive a tractor-trailer truck combination (includes long distances) to transport and deliver goods to and from designated locations.
- Inspects and maintains vehicle supplies and equipment such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights and brakes to ensure that vehicle is in proper working condition.
- Obeys traffic laws and follows established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Loads and unloads trucks, vans and/or automobiles.
- Reports any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Presents bills and receipts and collects payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Verifies the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Turns in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Maintains records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
- Reads maps and follows written and verbal geographic directions.
Primarily will be driving a vehicle, but will be subject to the outdoor temperatures on a regular basis. Will also be subject to a plant environment which consists of smoke, irritating particular impurities, chemical fumes and hot and cold temperatures.
Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time. Must be able to stoop, reach and bend. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and must be able to run, maneuver, navigate or drive vehicles or mechanized equipment. Must be able to see at close range and have good depth perception.
Up to 100%Recommended Skills
- Suspension (Vehicle)
- Oil And Gas
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Houston, TXJob Type
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.