The Lead Counsel, Compliance Operations, will report to the Chief Compliance Officer and will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, managing and continuously improving the company's global compliance training content and initiatives, and global communication plans, aligned with and supporting our Core Beliefs, our colleagues' training needs, compliance program priorities, and our strong culture of compliance. The Compliance Operations lead will also be responsible for maintaining and managing Zoetis' corporate policies and procedures, including systems and procedures for standardizing, updating, facilitating understanding and proper application by our colleagues. The Compliance Operations Lead will implement and test controls, and define metrics to measure, monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve, the effectiveness of our compliance trainings, communications and corporate policy-related initiatives for preventing, detecting and resolving potential compliance risk. Additionally, the Compliance Operations Lead will be responsible for managing the Zoetis Compliance Champions Network of 60+ colleagues in various functions/titles who support the Compliance Program globally, and for performing other responsibilities as determined by the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Develop and implement the annual compliance program training and communication plans including global trainings, flexible micro trainings, draft substantive training program content, targeted policy update trainings and certifications. Maintain the capacity to flex the training and communication strategy to enhance our ability to prevent and detect compliance risk.
- Collaborate with colleagues across all functions to create customized training programs and targeted communications relatable to Zoetis colleagues and informed by evolving operational compliance needs and various risk assessments; closely coordinate development and implementation with the Zoetis Communications and the Learning & Development teams to ensure effective deployment and detailed completion metrics.
- Maintain, manage and oversee the Zoetis Compliance Champions Network; a team of 60+ Zoetis colleagues in various functions/titles who support the Compliance Program globally.
- Maintain, manage and oversee updating of Zoetis corporate policies and procedures (including accompanying guidance, job aids and resources for clear and effective application by colleagues), and the systems for hosting the policies and procedures.
- Support compliance training deployment globally by leveraging the support and assistance of colleagues locally, including the Compliance Champions Network and other key operations and support function colleagues. Develop and implement metrics for measuring the effectiveness of training and communications, obtaining feedback from colleagues, and applying the results to continuously improve the effectiveness of trainings and communications.
- Establish uniform and consistent practices for timely updating policies and procedures, maintaining version control; enhancing accessibility and use, deploying communications and micro trainings to accompany key updates in collaboration and coordination with key policy owners.
- Implement and test controls, develop metrics and feedback for measuring and continuously improving the effectiveness of policies and procedures and utilization rates.
Position/groups of primary contact:
- Establish effective, highly collaborative relationships with key operational leaders across Zoetis, various eLearning vendors for delivery of high-value, low cost, targeted support of the overall compliance training plan.
- Extensive collaboration with the other Compliance Lead Counsels (Helpline & Investigations, Monitoring & Testing, Anti-Bribery/Corruption & Advisory, Data Privacy and Global Trade) to inform development and implementation of the annual compliance plan, and adjustments to continuously enhance program effectiveness. Lead weekly compliance operations meetings with the full compliance team.
General Qualifications (Incl. Education)
- Global Business Units
- Global Functions
- Learning and Development
- Internal Legal Counsel
- Internal Auditors
- Juris Doctorate degree preferred.
- At least 5+ years of prior compliance operations experience.
- Excellent project management and writing skills.
- Demonstrated success establishing and continuously improving compliance training, communications and policy management programs and tools in a global business setting.
- Strong capacity for teamwork to achieve Zoetis compliance program objectives; demonstrated success organizing and aligning cross-functional stakeholders on significant projects.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Substantial experience effectively managing eLearning vendors.
- Strong technical understanding of learning management and related policy support systems.
- Mastery of MS Office Tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Positive and friendly demeanor with a dynamic work ethic.
- Committed to the highest ethical standards, integrity and transparency.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.