GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. is seeking highway and bridge construction inspectors to work on major projects in various locations throughout West Virginia from our Martinsburg, WV office.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Perform daily field inspections and observations of contractor's work for heavy highway and/or bridge construction projects, including earthwork, subgrade, asphalt, concrete, reinforcing steel, structural steel, MOT, safety devices, and utilities
- Ability to measure, compute, record, and maintain contract quantities for contractor payment
- Ability to read and interpret project plans, specifications, and standards
- Perform and/or observe material sampling and testing in accordance with Project standards and specifications
- Ensure contractor's work/materials meet standards and specifications
- Ability to properly document daily Project progress, including work performed, conformance/nonconformance with plans/specifications, manpower, equipment, contract quantities, and extra work
- Entering and recording project progress, materials, and documentation into SiteManager and ProjectWise
- Identifying and communicating project issues to project managers and the contractor
- Ability to identify, assess, and communicate unsafe conditions with the contractor
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a WVTRET Certification (any Level 1-5) or be able to obtain a WVTRET certification within 6 months of hire
- Previous construction inspection experience
- Certification in any WVDOH Material Testing programs are considered a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with the use of WVDOH SiteManager and ProjectWise applications
- Must be able to work independently and/or with a GPI/WVDOH Project Team
- Should also be available to work the contractor's hours of operation, up to and including day or night shift and weekends, as necessary for Project completion
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use on or around a job site
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19\" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to climb and leave a ladder to a platform varying from 6' to 20'
- Able to operate a mechanical aerial lift or bucket truck up to a height of 100 feet
- Able to wear and operate personal fall arresting apparatus, and work at a height 6' or higher
- Able to wear GPI required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles, and/or masks while working
- Able to move equipment or inspection specimens weighing up to 50 pounds