From the inception of a project through to completion and beyond, Turner & Townsend help to deliver the outcomes that matter through transformational programs covering the full spectrum of consultancy, project delivery and post-project operations.
With offices located globally, you're never far away from our services. Working from 118 offices in 50 countries, we make the difference to projects across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
In November 2021, CBRE acquired controlling ownership interest in Turner & Townsend forming a strategic partnership between the firms. Effective January 1, 2023, CBRE Heery, formerly operating under CBRE, will now operate as a subsidiary of Turner & Townsend Inc. CBRE Heery will continue under the legal entity name "CBRE Heery" until such time that a formal name change to "Turner & Townsend Heery" is made.
CBRE Heery are seeking an experienced Construction Manager to work alongside one of our key government clients. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, experience working in the construction industry and be able to take the initiative to drive activities with limited supervision.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of construction field staff.
- Coordinate and manage review and approval of submittals and Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Resolve construction project issues, conflicts, claims, and problems.
- Preparation, estimating, determination of entitlement, negotiation, documentation, and oversight of contract change orders.
- Review, negotiate and process contract pay requests for construction contracts.
- Monitor/review/provide oversight of the contractor's work for compliance with plans, specifications, and schedules.
- Review and accept/reject contractor submittals for contract compliance and ensure that all of the stakeholder responses are coordinated prior to issuing the final disposition.
- Represent the client and its interests in negotiations with outside agencies in matters relating to the construction project.
- Primary liaison to project designer, Authorities Have Jurisdiction (AHJs) and contractor during construction.
- Oversee acceptance testing, environmental and hazardous materials testing and special inspections.
- Evaluate consultant invoices and provide recommendation for payment.
- Provide management and analysis of contractor claims.
- Track and report on project status/lessons learned.
- Oversee maintenance of construction photographs, logs, and other monitoring/tracking records.
- Monitor quality control requirements; issue Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) and reports for compliance documentation.
- Conduct planning, preconstruction, coordination, progress, scheduling, and field project team meetings.
- Review plans and specifications to update appropriate RFIs, trends, submittal and change order logs, make field measurements, and maintain as built and red-lined drawing records.
- Review and monitor contractor's construction baseline schedule, and any subsequent progress, recovery and as-built schedules. Review and negotiate schedule and cost modifications, based on time impacts
- Prepare and initiate construction bulletins, field directive change notices and unit quantity adjustments
- Coordinate between stakeholders including Port departments, contractors and tenants to ensure proper documentation and execution of utility shutdowns, Construction Advisory Forms (CAFs), site access and key requests,resolution of associated field issues.
- Generate project correspondence and construction documents including serial letters, commission memos, meeting notes, and other contract documents.
- Review and provide feedback on plans and specifications for constructability.
- Value engineering.
- Utilize mobile technology.
- Development of quality expectations.
- Development of frontend specifications.
- Participate in development and review of alternative delivery method documents. Includes, but not limited to, Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), and associated proposals.
- Provide technical and contractual oversight of alternative project delivery. Includes but not limited to General Contractor/Construction Manager, Design Build, and Progressive Design Build.
- Review contractor bids.
- Manage, coordinate efforts and review paperwork necessary for contractors to obtain a Notice to Proceed (NTP).
- Coordinate with agencies to obtain sign off on project permits.
- Manage project closeout processes, including punch list, beneficial occupancy, and substantial completion; prepare Resident Engineer (RE) Closeout Memo.
- Attend meetings, participate in site walks, help develop and manage a safe site with project safety team.
- Process contractors pay requests and manage pay estimate tracking processes.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching of developing staff members.
- Constructability review.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients and/or public groups.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees and client groups to take desired action.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in related technical area
- Minimum fifteen (15) years demonstrated experience in Construction Management on capital programs and five (5) years' experience in publicly funded projects, preferably GSA or federal
- Worked on complex, multi-phase, capital construction projects of $50 million or greater as Construction Manager
- CCM, PE, or RA preferred
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV's that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV's will be treated as a direct application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects: TwitterInstagramLinkedIn
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.
This job has expired.