BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position provides assistance and input to management, develops and leads large multifunctional development activities, solves complex technical problems, writes complex code for computer systems, and serves as a senior source of expertise. The position may also provide sizing or budget recommendations to management.
The candidate will be working alongside team members in an agile environment on an industry-leading identity management, risk, and threat mitigation platform that processes tens of millions of events per day.
The candidate will be expected to take a leadership role as the team develops and maintains rapidly deployable, configurable, and robust systems in a containerized architecture using Java/J2EE, Spring framework, and a web services technology stack.
The candidate should be comfortable working on the front end using technologies like GWT and React and on the back end. The candidate should be comfortable working with RDBMS solutions like MySQL and NoSQL solutions like Couchbase.
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Software development process expert in applicable methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Expertise in data modeling, design and manipulation, optimization, best practices, tuning, and leading industry trend knowledge.
- Expertise in normalized/dimensional data modeling principles and their application to complex business needs.
- Expertise in industry technology language development trends.
- Expertise in test-driven development and maintenance, including techniques for applying best practices for overall project benefit.
- Expert knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Strong budgeting/finance skills.
- Proven expertise in the use and development of applicable desktop toolsets.
- Proven expert in partnering and leading internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
- Strong experience with various resource models such as Managed Services and/or Staff Augmentation.
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices in external resource development.
- Solid knowledge of architectural principles.
- Ability to partner and lead internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation language, including optimization techniques.
- Ability to design and work with complex data models.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable toolsets.
- Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments. Strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a broad audience, including senior and executive management, customers, etc., diction/terminology, and presenting information concisely and effectively to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
- Serve as a primary technical point of contact for external technology resources.
- Provide design input across a product.
- Work directly with customers and end-users.
- Serve as acknowledged "go to" person on coding and technical issues.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications to develop system components of moderate complexity.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Mentor lead software developers interested in consultancy on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.