Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
022232 Controls Technician (Open)
Education and Experience
- Develop, install and commission plant controls and automation systems including PLC programming, HMI development, and MES data collection.
- Design and specification of plant control system architecture including control panels, hardware, and communication protocols.
- Provide technical troubleshooting support and assist in repairs as needed to ensure productivity
- Detail content of assembly drawings and other specification control drawings associated with electrical designs.
- Review schematics with Engineering team to address questions prior to installation of systems.
- Select and size electrical and electro-mechanical components and provide recommended spares.
- Use a multimeter to diagnose electrical or wiring issues.
- Layout industrial electrical control panels which are NFPA79/NEC/UL508A complaint.
- Architect, write and debug PLC Ladder logic with an emphasis on generating code that is maintainable, reusable and documented appropriately.
- Develop and implement HMI screens for complex machinery.
- Monitor machine interactions to communicate and improve machine status and process variables.
- Willingness to occasional travel as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, or other related degree or Associates and/or equivalent work-related experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on Controls Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced proficiency programming and troubleshooting automated manufacturing equipment, HMIs, safety devices, etc.
- Experience with project management of several projects and implementation of new production equipment, processes and facilities improvements.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Advanced Ladder Logic programming knowledge with Allen Bradley PLC and control logic
- Strong knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing practices
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and electrical standards
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
- Self-reliant and results oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong mechanical acumen
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office products as well as MS project
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Ability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to multi-task
- Customer focused
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.