The Crawler Technician will direct the assembly or disassembly of scheduled crawler crane movements. The Crawler Technician is responsible for ensuring safe field operations and customer satisfaction of delivered product to customer jobsites.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Understand and apply all regulations and codes as directed in code Cranes and Derricks in Construction 29 CFR 1926.1403-1926.1406 and 192.1412
* Complete On-Rent and Off-Rent Inspections, job site assessment orientation, annual inspections, lift plans, and job-specific requirements to A/D’s prior to job commencement
* Ensure On-Rent and Off-Rent Inspections and pictures are uploaded on One-Drive per policy.
* Participate in site visits as necessary to confirm assembly area, truck staging, and safety requirements/orientation
* Maintain contact with Regional Crawler Managers and Branch personnel during assembly or disassembly to confirm arrival of crew, assist crane, and transportation vehicles.
* Participate in field calls with VP of Crawler Division, RVPs, Crawler Service, and Regional Crawler Managers to discuss initiatives, issues, best practices, and processes.
* Assists to create, maintain, and share inventory of attachments and components within assigned area of responsibility
* Assists with verification of job specific load lists.
* Assists with identifying and locating crane components prior to ship/build date
* Controls costs as much as they are able by getting trucks off the clock, avoiding calling out a mechanic if they can do the work themselves, and communicating delays to their supervisor as early as possible.
* Must have knowledge and competency regarding OSHA requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required.
* High School diploma or GED
* Associates or Vocational degree preferred
* Commercial Driver’s License preferred
* NCCCO Certification preferred
* TWIC card preferred
* 3+ years’ experience assembling and disassembling lattice boom crawler cranes and tele-crawlers manufactured by Manitowoc, Liebherr, Link-Belt, Grove, Mantis, etc.
* Advanced knowledge of Crane functionality and terminology
* Advanced ability to read and follow lift plans and rigging drawings
* Advanced knowledge of prohibitions, warnings, and cautions relative to assembling or disassembling each specific type of crane
* Advanced ability to follow instructions and sequence of a crane’s assembly/disassembly per Manufacturers’ instructions
* Advanced knowledge and competency regarding OSHA requirements
* Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test.
* Must be able to travel regularly
* Must be able to occasionally work weekends
* Must have valid driver license and clean driving record
Must be able to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence and memos and the ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger; handle or feel; and kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear; push and/or pull; reach; climb; bend and/or stoop; must be able to work at heights and wear protective equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions; occasionally inclement. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago