Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
We offer the following benefits:
- 30% discount on merchandise
- competitive salary
- career advancement
- Bonus opportunity
- an excellent benefits package including Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay, Medical/Dental/Disability/Life and AD&D insurance & 401k.
Spirit Halloween, Spencer's is seeking a Creative Manager of Photography with an emphasis on fashion. The Creative Manager will work with the Creative Director and cross-functional teams, including, buyers, product development, photography team, ecom, etc. in developing style direction, casting and photography that engages consumers, elevates the brand and supports the overall strategic direction. The Creative Manager is responsible for leadership of imagery and ownership of multiple projects; ideate innovative imagery for packaging and e-commerce; produce and art direct photo shoots; lead retouching and manage image life cycles and deadlines; and works to continually elevate brand imagery. Our environment is high-energy and collaborative. You must be a confident, passionate creative with a strong attention to detail and work well in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with internal team members to minimize issues, create efficiencies and best practices for design, production, and photography to work cohesively and efficiently. The ideal candidate will be a strong art director with proven ability to direct fashion photography and multi-task in a fast pace environment. Qualified candidates will have recent experience managing teams and art directing photo shoots. Collaboration and delegation are a must.
Education and/or Experience:
- Provide leadership to create visually distinctive and engaging imagery for packaging, marketing and e-commerce while driving continuous improvement of image quality and standards
- Maintain and develop the Spencer's/Spirit Halloween brand personality and style
- Execute photo shoots from start to finish, including hiring and managing outside creative resources (stylists, models, photographers, etc.) and art direct photo shoots to ensure stylist and photographer capture the look
- Responsible for articulating and defending conceptual and directional choices when art directing photo shoots
- Oversee process, quality of work, and team accountability for photography, retouching, and meeting deadlines
- Ensure the execution of all creative work stays within budget
- Exceptional planning, time-management and organization skills
- Able to relate with many personality types
- Willingness to travel for photo shoots
- Self-motivated, excited about photography fashion, able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interface with marketing/merchant/development teams
- Knowledge of image processing and digital retouching/enhancement techniques
- Collaborate with design and production on selects and retouching
- Utilize current and new systems to maximize efficiencies
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to manage/lead photo teams
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Photography, Visual Communication or related field
- 8+ years professional experience in photo art direction role or fashion photography-focused creative role, ideally with work inside a national brand or with an agency
- Portfolio containing samples of fashion on figure, still life art direction
- Current with industry trends, emerging technologies and techniques
- Fashion photography art direction experience a must, both studio and location, on model and still photoshoots
- Interest in Halloween, pop-culture, music, teen lifestyle a plus
This job has expired.
- Knowledge of digital photography, Mac software, Page Proof, PLM, Adobe CS6, Photoshop and Capture One