WHO WE ARE
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is a rapidly growing emergency company with hospital locations across the United States. Our mission is helping people and their pets when they need it most. We are revolutionizing emergency medicine with a "customer first" mentality and a true, employee-centric work environment.
TALENT + CULTURE AT VEG
At VEG, we want people and their pets to feel safe, secure, and valued; we want our employees to feel the same way. What we're aiming to achieve on the customer side is equivalent in nature to what we want for our employees: to have the best experience possible. With the highest NPS score in our industry, we're ready to ensure that VEG remains the place where the best and brightest in the emergency world not only want to work, but stay and grow. For our customers and their pets, we strive to find a way to say, "yes." We do the same and more for our teams. In fact, VEG is one of this year's nominees for INC Magazine's Best Places to Work!
To apply a patient-centered approach while performing treatments, making patient assessments, and all other aspects of patient care. This role will promote learning and growth as an emergency veterinary technician, providing opportunities for advancement towards a Veterinary Technician Specialist certification and participating in the coordination of care. Veterinary technicians autonomously function using critical thinking and leadership to carry out patient treatment plans in coordination with the veterinary team.
WHO WE NEED
You are a credentialed veterinary technician. You are passionate and motivated. You value learning and are a team player that is honest and respectful to your peers. You love what you do. You love working with animals and people. You are comfortable adapting to new scenarios, willing to learn new techniques, and think outside the box. You have excellent interpersonal capabilities across a diverse group. You're happy to pitch in wherever and whenever you are needed, with a positive attitude. You demonstrate the ability to accomplish assigned tasks for all areas involved, knowing when to ask for assistance. You display excellent communication skills with your peers, customers, and team.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO
All clinical team members:
- Treat each patient and customer with the highest level of compassion & care.
- Perform basic to intermediate nursing care tasks, patient monitoring, and treatments.
- Use understanding of common diseases and conditions, physical assessment, and monitoring parameters to accurately triage incoming patients.
- Administer subcutaneous, intramuscular, and intravenous medications and understand potential adverse effects of medications.
- Set-up, monitor, and administer intravenous fluid therapy including constant rate infusions and blood transfusion therapy.
- Contribute to incoming outpatient care and ongoing inpatient care.
- Participate in giving and receiving patient rounds to ensure continuity of care.
- Be trained to properly perform all aspects of CPR as a RECOVER Certified Rescuer.
- Collect samples and perform diagnostic tests including in-house & point-of-care tests and diagnostic imaging.
- Perform nursing care tasks such as placing and/or maintaining urinary catheters, nasoenteral tubes, nasal oxygen tubes, chest and abdominal tubes.
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot oxygen cages and other oxygen administration techniques.
Veterinary technicians additionally perform:
WHAT YOU NEED
- Administer, monitor, and maintain patients under general anesthesia with or without mechanical ventilation for patients with varied levels of risk.
- Perform advanced vascular access techniques including jugular catheter placement, sampling line placement, central line placement, intraosseous catheterization, and arterial catheterization.
- Perform advanced diagnostic techniques including ultrasonography and paracentesis,
- Participate in formulating treatment, anesthetic, and nursing care plans.
- Conduct treatments using clinical decision-making skills according to protocolized plans.
- Aid in managing patient care workload to ensure the patients are receiving uncompromised care.
- Coach and guide veterinary assistants and veterinary nurses to perform clinical tasks to maintain standards of care and encourage growth.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with teammates to ensure optimal patient care.
- Obtain additional training along guided growth pathways offering roles in addition to direct nursing care such as VTS certification, trainer role, coordination of care, community outreach, and leadership.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Credentialed as a veterinary technician (CVT, RVT, LVT, LVMT) in the location of the VEG practice.
- Veterinary technician specialist (VTS) certification will receive additional considerations in practice role and compensation.
- Basic computer skills to use practice management, electronic medical record, and collaboration software.
- 1+ years of experience in a veterinary technician role. Experience in emergency or specialty medicine preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and electronic) with the team and with customers
- Fine motor skills adequate for utilizing hospital equipment necessary daily such as syringes, electric clippers, computers, surgery instruments, monitors, diagnostic equipment, etc.
- Ability to stand for prolonged hours, kneel, work on the floor as well as ability to lift up to 25 kg on own and able to support up to 40 kg with assistance.
Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best! We also offer:
- Industry-leading compensation ($26.50 - $40 per hour)
- Something new every day - you'll never be bored in emergency medicine
- We build our hospitals from scratch. You'll be using all of the latest equipment and technology.
- Generous employee pet discount
- Referral rewards - tell your friends why they should come work for VEG too!
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid parental leave - 10 weeks of paid leave at 100% of regular salary
- Unlimited Continuing Education opportunities - we want to help you grow in your career!
- Flexible work schedules for a true work-life balance
- Growth and relocation potential
- Groceries sent to the hospitals weekly for the staff to enjoy, monthly and quarterly contests, quarterly hospital outings, company-wide retreats, etc!
- Lastly, because while our work is serious, we believe that it should also be fun!
VEG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. You've found the equal opportunity employer you are looking for. We can't wait to meet you!
This job has expired.